Custom Mini Chopper, please help me ?!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebharry

Reaction score
Hey guys!

(btw excuse my typing mistakes im usually very good but the laptop im using at the moment is old and the keyboard is a bit stuffed)

First time posting on this forum, so give me a break if im a bit of a dummy when it comes to some things, plus im only 15 :)

I recently aquired a custom mini chopper, made by some company in New Zealand (where i live) called MoFo, this company has gone out of buisiness, and i cannot find ANY info on my chopper anywhere, any info is right here infront of me (being the bike itself)

I can see it has a lot of chinese parts, but it has a 110cc 4-Stroke engine, i have no idea if it has gears, if it does it will be a automatic because there is no clutch and no gear lever... I need a VERY BASIC wiring diagram for someone to draw out for me, i will post some pictures of different items on the chopper for you to try and help...

I have NEVER sen this runing and neither did the owner before me, to be honest i think it was stolen, because when i got it several wires had been cut and spliced ect.

I believe this bike used to be road legal, considering it has a headlight, and did have indicators, brake light, and it does have a horn.

All i care abut is getting this bike going, i would like if the headlight worked, but if not thats fine, getting the bike running is the first step, the fuel tank on the bike, had a key to open it to refill, but because i dont have any keys, i spent 4 hours yesterday drilling and smashing it to try get it to open, eventually i did, and sort of fixed it so now it can be locked and unlocked, but now with any key, that was one big problem, because i wouldnt have been able to put fuel in te bike, but now thats fixed :)

About the engine, and geting that running, i looked for a wiring diagram online and found one on this website for a Loncin? 110cc mini chopper, so i thought, sweet, that'll work! And i was following that, untill i got to the wires that go into the engine itself, in the diagram, it had only 2 wires going to the engine, but my bike has 5 wires, my flatmate suggested that maybe it has automatic gears, (the bike does have some sort of coil-thing inside the engine) possibly that coil was linked to those wired and sensed when to change gears?

So i have a kill switch (i believe) on the handle bars, with 2 wires coming out of it, (on the same handle-switch assembly, it had headlight controls and hazard light controls - i cut all of these wires off consideing i dont need them (theyre long enough to splice and solder back together if needed))

Then folowing those 2 wires, one wire is Yellow with red stripe, the other WAS light green but been spliced to a black wire (goes to the same place) these wires go to a plug, and out the other side comes a Red/White wire, and a Yellow/Green wire

Following the Yellow/Green wire, it splices off and goes in two different directions, both handlebar switches for the brake light (one on each side) the wires go through the brake switch and come out as a Black wire, the two black wired then join back together and go through another plug into what i believe was the Key Barrel? (i included a picture of the back with different wires so you can tell me where to go from there)

Following that White/Red wire from the kill switch, it goes through a plug and turns into a Yellow/Red wire and then goes into a round thing (pictured, looks like a huge metal capacitor?)

Two big wires then come out of that round thing, one goes to the battery (red wire, positive) and the other goes to the starter motor.

Out of the starter comes a Black wire, and a Green wire (both same current/ starting place) the Black wire goes to the negative of the battery, and the Green wire looks like a ground because it goes to a lot of different places,

-That big capacitor thingy (connected to battery and starter motor)
-A 4 pin box thing under the seat
-The key barrel
-Into the engine
-Under the fuel tank, goes into a black round thing which makes the spark for the spark plug
-Another box under the fuel tank, has 5 wires (including green) going in/coming out of it, i believe this is the CDI?
-Into a 3 pin plug that looks like it could charge the battery?
-Into the headlight...

And a lot of other places, petty much every other plug on the bike, if you need to know, ask, and ill happily tell you.

And yeah, thats about it i think, Any help here you can give me will be much apreciated!

All i want is for the bike to be running, thats all i care about, So tel m what i need to do!

Photo0790.jpg

Photo0791.jpg

The 2 killswitch wires
Photo0792.jpg

The 3 pin charging plug? and the spark plug generator thing...
Photo0793.jpg

As you can see, i have a lot of wires to deal with (thats only about 1/2)
Photo0794.jpg

The Key Barrel?
Photo0797.jpg

Back of Key Barrel (note black wire, bottom right under red)
Photo0798.jpg

The big metal capacitor thing, connects to battery and starter motor (two big red wires) the black wire (actually is a cover for 2 wires, i noted them earlier)
Photo0799.jpg

BIG MESS!!! HELP MEE!!! (more confusing than it looks)
Photo0800.jpg

Any help please! Thanks!

I dont have a wiring diagram.. but if you want to start it are the wired to the cdi fine? (black box that should be connected to your motor wires) if there okay then unplug the killswitch and the key .. take the plug out and if it sparks it means the ignition is on.. then if that does not work bridge the connector on the kill switch *dont make a mess of it* just use a old house wire or somthing and bridge them through the connector and then you should get spark... if not i would do a similar thing with your key

the previous people dont seem to know what there doing and the wiring on these pitbike engines are easier to bypass than bikes of the 80's

the metal capacitor you mentioned above, is actually the starter motor solenoid.
the one small wire from the ignition makes it turn over,
so if your battery is good, run a wire from the positive terminal to the solenoid and it should spin the starter.

Last edited:
the metal capacitor you mentioned above, is actually the starter motor solenoid.
the one small wire from the ignition makes it turn over,
so if your battery is good, run a wire from the positive terminal to the solenoid and it should spin the starter.
Oh i just assumed it was a kickstart, my bad.. Yeah should hear the click do you have a multimeter to test the battery?
if not you can run it off a car battery just for troubleshooting sake

infact i would say off the top of my head the brown is the motor power, and green or white is solenoid (looking at the back of the switch

Im gonna make a short video showing you what i meana nd why i dont understand ect.

Ok so heres a video...

[video=youtube;7ZmQ0wWUhSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmQ0wWUhSY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

yeah that black box is the CDI,
it has the electronics inside to make the spark fire, it is epoxy filled to keep it all stable/waterproof
it looks like this-

the engine side cover with tape on it, is the Stator/Ignition cover,
this supplys the CDI units' power, and tells the CDI when to fire the spark plug.
the Stator covers' chrome plugs (the one that broke) are available on ebay etc cheap.

the improvised computer power supply will work enough to test it out.

have a look at your wiring, find all the 2 pin plugs that are not plugged in
there will be 1 or maybe 2 plugs that have a green wire and a black w/white stripe on them.
this is for the kill switch wiring, the 2x wires need to be joined together to kill the engine when it is running.

i'm not sure if you missed it, but there should be a Voltage Regulator/Rectifier plugged into a 4 pin plug off the loom somewhere.
the wiring colours going to it should be red/black, yellow and a white.
the regulator/rectifier looks like an alloy box, the size of a matchbox, and usually have cooling fins on it.
this is one i have on my pit bike-

the ignition coil is mounted up under the fuel tank,
there should be 2x wires running to it, a green one that connects to the frame/earth.
make sure it goes to clean/bare metal, sand the frame back with sandpaper etc.
the other wire, a black with a yellow stripe, goes back though the loom and into the CDIs' wiring plug.
this is the ignition coil-

do you have a multimeter available at all ?

Last edited:
the smaller wiring lead with the 2 pin plug running off the Starter Solenoid, will join to a socket running off the main loom .
the socket will normally have the same colour wires running to it.
the plug off the starter, and the socket off the loom need to be connected to get it to start.

the second black box in the video, Yang Sing, does it have between 4 - 8 wires running to it ?
if so can you list the colours for me please.

i think that black box is a remote control receiver,
it's there so a parent watching his kids ride, can remotely kill the engine, or restart it if their kid stalls the bike.
it can be removed, but a couple of wires need to be joined in the plug.

also,
could you list the colours of any wires running to a socket running off the main loom, that are not connected.
i need to know how many wires go to the socket, and what colours they are

there may be another kill switch that is connected through a brake light switch.

Welcome to Miniriders mate. I have a chopper similar to yours mine is made by GL Scooter Company in China the model is 4000TT. Best for you to look into my Garage link above to check it out it is not finished yet but it may help you with ideas etc. And my headlight doesnt run its there for looks has i dont run a battery setup the engine was out of a kickstart only Pitpro. If you have any questions or need help you can post on this thread or PM me if you want.

Infact, would you like me to make a diagram using paint that shows everything? So that you can properly see for yourself? Im gonna make one anyway but it might take some time to complete...

Ok, it killed my back, took 2 hours, destroyed one bolt (had to happen) and made me hungry as hell... But its done!

Wiring Diagram.JPG

Hope that helps! Note, i didnt have both brakes pressed when i tried to start it... Apparently i need to?

Should i just bridge the connections? (they are ON when the switch is released (brake pulled))

There are some wires on here that i cut off, but all they ran to were Horn buton, Indicator switch, and headlight controls :) 3 wires that had something to do with the headlight (Blue, Blue with White stripe, and White), 3 wires for indicator (Orange, Grey, and Light Blue) and 2 wires for the horn (Green and Light Green)

Thanks again guys!

That is a mess. I just fixed the electric start on my pit bike so I know your pain. The start button should be on the handle bars on or next to the kill switch. With the head light.. get rid of it for now. It's easy to wire it up later but right now it will just confuse things. Take off the switches for the brakes to eliminate them being faulty.

If you touch a screw driver across the points of the solenoid and the stater motor should tick over. If it doesn't check if you have voltage on both sides. I think if you have more trouble,the best option would be to look up a pit bike wiring diagram or get a new harness of ebay. It looks like a pit bike harness.

You could just re place the whole lot and start again. Complete Electrics 50 TO 125cc Electric Start PIT Bike | eBay

I cant afford that haha... To be honest id rather make the whole harness myself, i have enough wire and it means i wont be spending any money... BTW the engine code is 1P52FMH, apparently its a Lifan 110cc Semi-Automatic racing engine and it has 4 gears :boxe:

So yeah, im gonna buy a battery off trademe (ebay but better, for NZ only, youll find the odd Aussie) Its a 12V 7Ah battery, fits prefectly in the battery holder, should work right?

Sometimes when i connect the 12V from the computer, straight to the starter, i hear the starter motor go 'tick' and then the computer dies, i dont think it can handle the voltage drop...

Is there anyway to convert this to a kick-start? Because most Lifan 110cc videos are started by kick-start...

Latest posts

Back