Custom oil catch can

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam93

VIC MR Ride Day Organiser
Reaction score
Hey guys,
yes another post on the catch can sorry snitchy just not 100% happy with anything i can find and the look of them.

Im pretty good with the tools and can weld pretty well dads got a Mig welder which will be strong enough to penetrate the steel ill be using...

Im looking on input just throw ideas at me! any size can and MAINLY where i should locate it? I have some ideas on what the can will look like but not where it will be mounted on a DHZ extended crf50 style frame.

How will it work?
Well ill get a cylinder and weld 1mm steel onto the ends and make it a enclosed cylinder. The hoses will mount to the catch can by clamps. I will be welding on tubes approx. 20mm long to clamp the hose to i can put these anywhere on the tank. so that will be determined by the location of the tank. The hoses will be mounted to the engine will anodized connectors connecting to the crankcase breather, dip stick breather and mabey head, then a nice K&N Pod filter to finish it off to let it breathe.

What it will achieve?
A customized catch can that looks trick and ill be able to put thick hosing on it to let it really breathe. I have heard of catch can blowing up from having small lines...

Sorry for it being so long!

Cheers
Samuel.

I know they use to sell them on eBay, try there.

Latest posts

Back