Custom Z50, Lifan 150 conversion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need a hand from someone who has built a custom z50?? I have put my lifan150cc engine in it but need some tips on the wiring, if anyone could help would be much appreciated. Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I filled you in with the details on Facebook ?

Use the Lifan 150 loom and connect all that up, then run the Pink wire though the 6v regulator/rectifier to charge your battery.
You can run the headlight power wire directly off the pink wire, but will need to fit a 12v headlight globe to it.

images

see the right hand top section of the pic above, that is the reg/rect.
You'll need to add a short bit of white wire to the end of the yellow wire from the stator, and connect it up to the diagonal terminal on the reg/rect.

looking at the terminals in the end of the reg rect, this is how to wire up the plug that plugs into it.
1 is the red wire that goes to the positive terminal of the battery.
2 is the white wire from the stator
3 is the yellow wire from the stator
4 is the green wire that goes to the negative terminal on the battery, and an good bare metal earth point on the frame

SocketPinout.jpg

Cheers dude that makes a lot more sense now, but what do I do with the z50 original engine wiring? Can I just pull it out

Sort of, you can get rid of some of it.
The Z50 rectifier, CDI plug, and Ignition Coil wiring can go, but that's about it.
Is the bike going to be road rego'd ?

No but the Z50 should have one, It's a 2 wire rectifier.
I linked you the reg/rect you need on Facebook

He's gettin a 12v battery for it now cos he wants electric start, is this possible

Yeah you might be able to modify the Lifan 150 to take a starter motor.
I'll have to have a look at one of my engines to suss it out.
To run 12v you'll just needs\ to fit 12V bulbs to the lights, easy enough.

That last pic looks like a brake light switch ?

Oh yea of course it is cheers. Are the 12v battery's the same size and also does this mean I don't need a 6vreg?

Also you don't know where I can get starter motor to suit engine

Latest posts

Back