Damn Exhaust Pipe, they're all different !! help !!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHXrider

Reaction score
EH guys,

Wasn't sure if I should put this into the wanted section but meh, here goes. So I'm trying to find a pipe like the one in the left side picture, it's a shorter (silencer) with a slightly more angled lead pipe than the D-section mufflers. I'm just wondering if anyone knows this style of pipe and where I could find one to purchase, or if anyone has one lying around their shop. I bought this off of ebay about a year ago and now I need another one for another build and I would like to get the same one so I don't have to rebuild my entire exhaust pipe. I can't seem to find anything like it on ebay anymore, I can only find the straight pipe D-sections (right picture).

any leads, lemme know.
thanks guys.

Mufflers.jpg

long time no see!

you could have your local exhaust shop modify the straight one, to copy the bend on the other
and you can always pull the other apart and cut down the outer, and inner perforated pipe to the length you need.
pm sent too

hows the bike building going too ?

Last edited:
MX67xr,

Thanks for the link in the PM, pretty much what I need, atleast it looks like it in the picture. Chinese, they'll probably send something completely different. Lol.

Well, no need to bring it to a shop, I do all the fab work myself, but that's just the point, I don't want to. Not if I can get the same style muffler, should fit right on there. Not sure if you can take apart the barrel mate, all I'm seeing is rivets around the end caps...hmmmmm...

frame building is going great, have two more frames left to sell from the DHX2.0 batch. I'll have pictures of the new builds up on my website soon.
Too bad it's so expensive to ship a motorcycle to Australia. Had a few potential clients out there but shipping costs just kill the whole plan. :(

Cheers
Jon

The end cap that runs forwards on the muffler in the link looks a bit different, but at least the pipe is angled out the front end

I have the same muffler you need on one of my bikes, it's an older model Atomik/Orion style pit bike
The muffler uses M6 Mushroom head Stainless bolts to hold the end caps on
It is a copy of a BBR D Section muffler

this shows what it looked like before i attacked it-

and almost done here-

I pulled my muffler apart to polish the caps, respray the centre section and repack it.
Inside the front cap, that pipe has a flat flange plate that is held onto the cap by 4 screws.
So if you needed to you could rotate the pipe to make it run upwards like my pipe.

when i win the lottery i will come over to Canada, visit my 2 cousins in Toronto, and see if i can test ride one of your bikes.....
they look like they'd be a lot of fun through the forrests, and downhill tracks etc

i have seen a few more Mountain bike based pitbikes on the net recently too.

i reckon you should enter one of your bikes in the next Fifty of the Month competition too

ps; if you haven't visited that site in the link before i'm sure it will open your eyes to prices etc,

Craig

Last edited:
MX67xr,

Thanks for the link in the PM, pretty much what I need, atleast it looks like it in the picture. Chinese, they'll probably send something completely different. Lol.

Well, no need to bring it to a shop, I do all the fab work myself, but that's just the point, I don't want to. Not if I can get the same style muffler, should fit right on there. Not sure if you can take apart the barrel mate, all I'm seeing is rivets around the end caps...hmmmmm...

frame building is going great, have two more frames left to sell from the DHX2.0 batch. I'll have pictures of the new builds up on my website soon.
Too bad it's so expensive to ship a motorcycle to Australia. Had a few potential clients out there but shipping costs just kill the whole plan. :(

Cheers
Jon
can u post sum pics off your frames on hear and a link to your web site I wouldent mind seeing your frames

can u post sum pics off your frames on hear and a link to your web site I wouldent mind seeing your frames
i just pm'd you a couple of links to Jons' custom bikes, his Website, Youtube, and Facebook page

i just pm'd you a couple of links to Jons' custom bikes, his Website, Youtube, and Facebook page

thanks for doin that cool looking bikes
theres a guy in nz building the same sort off bike.
like a mtb style with a pit bike motor

yeah i think i put up a couple of videos recently of them in the Random Radness thread

yeah i think i put up a couple of videos recently of them in the Random Radness thread

it would be fun to try one they weren't cheap but im sure I read they were around 10gs

Craig,

The muffler in your pictures above is not a match at all. The pipe is angled in the wrong direction!! lol. The one that you linked me in the PM you sent, the one on Alibaba looks about right, but I still have my doubts, it's cheap so I might just risk it.

The bikes you guys are talking about are FX bikes. We started about the same time, back in early 2000's but those guys have way more funding, man power and capital than I do. BUT, still they're having trouble getting off the ground. They're running a crowd sourcing campaign to gain funding so they can mass produce their bikes. It's not looking too good so far, they've been delayed for a year or two now. Just goes to show you how tough the market is.

Also, I'm sort of taking a different approach. I'm a pretty small backyard style shop, just a few frames a year. Working towards getting bigger but just having fun with it atm. My bikes are a bit different also. FX is pretty keen on keeping 8" travel up front, where as I tried that and didn't find it enough if you want to hit jumps so I rock 11" travel CR80 forks! With heavy springs, they'll take whatever you through at them even as an adult rider. yet they're still pretty light. And the rear suspension uses everything off a CR85 race moto so with a stiff spring it's super plush, tons of traction and can do doubles...FX would need some shock upgrades if you wanted to truly get some big airs. So not only can you trail ride my frames but you can race and jump them also. It's just a wicked all around fun bike for trails, racing track etc.

My site has a video showing the bike in action with the winter track installed but I should have some footage soon of the bike in action in the summer. Going to try to do a few other demonstration vids also.

about 6g's for a full build, pricey yes, but that's about as cheap as I can go and make it worth it. But it's a really special ride, more of a weapon actually. Guaranteed smiles from ear to ear when you ride it.

Working on the last two frames for this season, they need to go to heat treatment, then paint so might have them done by end of this season if I'm lucky, more likely for next summer...
I have one for sale for 4299$ Canadian, new build, new frame, just lower price because I'm using some of the used parts from my other builds, but even then, the parts are crazy nice condition. Engine has about 1 season of mild use, forks are 2005! etc. etc. Wish I could sell one to some Aussie friends but man, the shipping is ridiculous. You guys could probably get away with just the frame kit, if I boxed it up really tightly, probably cheaper to ship, I'd estimate 4 or 5 hundred. But shipping a fully assembled bike in a crate from Can to Aus, easily 2grand! sorta pointless. lol. :(

Anyway, thanks for the support guys, tell all your riding buddies also and keep checking my website for updates! That's the only way I'm going to grow. If you check out my clothing store, and you like something, just let me know what you want, it's cheaper for me to buy it and then ship it to you because I get discounts.

Jon-
DirtForce.

Craig,

The muffler in your pictures above is not a match at all. The pipe is angled in the wrong direction!! lol. The one that you linked me in the PM you sent, the one on Alibaba looks about right, but I still have my doubts, it's cheap so I might just risk it.

The bikes you guys are talking about are FX bikes. We started about the same time, back in early 2000's but those guys have way more funding, man power and capital than I do. BUT, still they're having trouble getting off the ground. They're running a crowd sourcing campaign to gain funding so they can mass produce their bikes. It's not looking too good so far, they've been delayed for a year or two now. Just goes to show you how tough the market is.

Also, I'm sort of taking a different approach. I'm a pretty small backyard style shop, just a few frames a year. Working towards getting bigger but just having fun with it atm. My bikes are a bit different also. FX is pretty keen on keeping 8" travel up front, where as I tried that and didn't find it enough if you want to hit jumps so I rock 11" travel CR80 forks! With heavy springs, they'll take whatever you through at them even as an adult rider. yet they're still pretty light. And the rear suspension uses everything off a CR85 race moto so with a stiff spring it's super plush, tons of traction and can do doubles...FX would need some shock upgrades if you wanted to truly get some big airs. So not only can you trail ride my frames but you can race and jump them also. It's just a wicked all around fun bike for trails, racing track etc.

My site has a video showing the bike in action with the winter track installed but I should have some footage soon of the bike in action in the summer. Going to try to do a few other demonstration vids also.

about 6g's for a full build, pricey yes, but that's about as cheap as I can go and make it worth it. But it's a really special ride, more of a weapon actually. Guaranteed smiles from ear to ear when you ride it.

Working on the last two frames for this season, they need to go to heat treatment, then paint so might have them done by end of this season if I'm lucky, more likely for next summer...
I have one for sale for 4299$ Canadian, new build, new frame, just lower price because I'm using some of the used parts from my other builds, but even then, the parts are crazy nice condition. Engine has about 1 season of mild use, forks are 2005! etc. etc. Wish I could sell one to some Aussie friends but man, the shipping is ridiculous. You guys could probably get away with just the frame kit, if I boxed it up really tightly, probably cheaper to ship, I'd estimate 4 or 5 hundred. But shipping a fully assembled bike in a crate from Can to Aus, easily 2grand! sorta pointless. lol. :(

Anyway, thanks for the support guys, tell all your riding buddies also and keep checking my website for updates! That's the only way I'm going to grow. If you check out my clothing store, and you like something, just let me know what you want, it's cheaper for me to buy it and then ship it to you because I get discounts.

Jon-
DirtForce.
your bikes look a lot bettet then the fx bike and a fair bit cheaper too

your bikes look a lot bettet then the fx bike and a fair bit cheaper too

lol...that's awesome Unit, that comment means a lot! Spread the word dude.

It definitely was a big surprise to see the new FX-5 frame design (ie, chromo truss tubing), it's definitely not for everyone's taste but structurally it's one of the strongest designs....but I'm just wondering how well they can mass produce something like that. To me there would be a lot of tedious welding involved.

With my frame design, I wanted to keep it somewhat traditional, with the thick "side rails" or twin "spars" like all the honda race frames use, so there is plenty of room for logo's graphics etc. :)

i'm pretty sure i read that those NZ bikes used a KTM 300 frame ?

i'm pretty sure i read that those NZ bkes used a KTM 300 frame ?[/QUOT
the fx is the bike I was talking about

I only know off the fx bikes im not sure off any outher brands

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back