Daytona 150 anima problems.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorpio_xri

Reaction score
My son have two of this motors in his junior Speedwaybikes and they have worked just fine. now we have some problems with one of them though. after he tock one curve the engine died. we tried too start it up after a oilchange and with no load the engine feels fine but when we try to rollstart the bike with my son on it, it seems like the clutch dosent grabb hold.

my feeling was that it must be something with the clutch. i dismantle the clutch and i cant realy find any problems. i see some pitting in the clutchbasket from the frictionplates otherwise the sprockets and the springs looks good.

the frictionplates was around 3,0 mm each which according to the manual is ok.
one strange thing i find was the steelplates was 1,6 mm each. if i read the manual correctly they should be between 0,9 and 1,0 mm with a limit of 0,7. have someone seen this before or know if its a typo in the manual?
someone that had some similar problems?

apologize if there is a lot of misspellings in my text, not my first language :)
//Oscar, Sweden

someone that knows the thickness of the plates? if 1,6mm is ok or if the dimensions in the manual are correct? I read somewhere that there is a reinforced clutch for Daytona, does anyone know about the dimensions of the plates in it?

Latest posts

Back