daytona 190 valve clearance

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

china911

Reaction score
valves need adjusting on the 190

current inspection

.0003 in -.004 ex

what are you guys running

.005 in - .007 ex or .005 in .005 ex ?

I went in between the 2x recommended setting's, i'm running .006" on both the inlet and exhaust.

I went in between the 2x recommended setting's, i'm running .006" on both the inlet and exhaust.

I know this is an old thread but still very relevant as these are the go-to engines nowadays.
Factory specs for valves are 0.05-0.07 mm! Not inches, which is 0.0020-0.0028 inches!

Could be a typo from craig(my67xr) but doubt it.

So what clearance are the Daytona guys actually running?

Are you sure mate? 004” - 006” (thousands of and inch) is a pretty common clearance for minibike engines.

Yeah I know cordogs but had the owners manual right in front of me and it def says those specs I posted.......
I just got my first 190 and bike runs good with those specs but had to drop pilot jet to a 39 from a 42, pe28, cos was way too rich on idle, plug was black and dripping wet!
For now I have had to use my stock lxr/klx port header with 2 crush gaskets to run it in.
No air leaks anywhere, all has sealed good.
Just wondering whether the stock 32mm header and prob a bit of protruding gasket are making it run rich or the valves being set too tight??

Yeah I know cordogs but had the owners manual right in front of me and it def says those specs I posted.......
I just got my first 190 and bike runs good with those specs but had to drop pilot jet to a 39 from a 42, pe28, cos was way too rich on idle, plug was black and dripping wet!
For now I have had to use my stock lxr/klx port header with 2 crush gaskets to run it in.
No air leaks anywhere, all has sealed good.
Just wondering whether the stock 32mm header and prob a bit of protruding gasket are making it run rich or the valves being set too tight??

Good to know man, I’m almost ready to fire my 212 up, still waiting on a few parts atm. I’ll double check mine before I do.
Also its a bit of a relief to hear the 28mm could flood it, I bought the Yoshi 28mm DD for mine and was a bit worried it might be too small. [emoji1417]
52d173167f3e757ce700045b5656568a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you bought a 212 or big boring a 190 you already have?
From my understanding a smaller/ restrictive pipe will make the engine run rich!??
Certainly the case for me.
Engine runs clean all the way through the rev range but can def tell that it is held back from the stock pipe.
I'm not riding it again till I get a pipe more suited to the 190, in the process of organising a ycf sp3 full system with power bomb for it, hope I can get it to fit in an lxr frame.

Bought the 212 Fsm model.

My pipe turned up today, shouldn’t have any dramas with restrictions.
117a5fa15af6db3068a69c31c0324990.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, that won't annoy the neighbours much!!
What size-o/d header you using?

Hope you guys reply can’t seem to find the 212 kit in oz so thinking of boring the cylinder out and buying a 66mm piston maybe Honda or whatever doubt I could still buy an mbf piston from Italy atm

Hey mate
Nah there not doing them anymore
And cbf waiting from America lol
Found a zs 212 kit can’t see why it wouldn’t fit given there made at the same place
I’m really curious to know if it’s worth doing and what to watch out for like clutch and how the stock crank handles the bigger piston etc..
I swear this is the hardest info to find out lol

Last edited:
Hey mate
Nah there not doing them anymore
And cbf waiting from America lol
Found a zs 212 kit can’t see why it wouldn’t fit given there made at the same place
I’m really curious to know if it’s worth doing and what to watch out for like clutch and how the stock crank handles the bigger piston etc..
I swear this is the hardest info to find out lol
the zs is only a 2 valve so the piston in that kit wont work with a 4 valve head

Latest posts

Back