Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
So I did some reading of the 150f anima engine manual and came to the section where you have the different settings of the ignition timing and rev limiter, To those that are running these motors or those that have some insight or knowledge of this im wondering if you have heard what settings others are running, Obviously I don't want to choose the 5th limiter setting which allows the limiter to raise to 15000rpm as the engine would not last to long at all lol. Thanks in advance peeps.

I never touched either of them Mick just left them disconnected the motor ran sweet like that . Same with the 190 there all disconnected

I never touched either of them Mick just left them disconnected the motor ran sweet like that . Same with the 190 there all disconnected
Okay cool, thanks nick, im thinking of going to the level 2 limiter to raise it from 11500 to 12200 and try that after I run the motor of course, it would be silly to adjust it before I even know how it runs. Stage 5 limiter is 15000 and I guess you would get 10 hrs max out of an engine lol.

You just gotta rev that sucka !!

[video=youtube;tiaaXmZeg9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiaaXmZeg9E[/video]

My rev limiter is on 2nd top and ignition map is max, that's how it came!!

So your limiter is 13600 rpm and your timing is max torque at higher rpm. This is all good to know.
Your donk would scream ringo.

I never over rev it!! I haven't found the limiter once????

Dayum bud, I think I will on the beach, considering there is always bragging rights in our beach drags, I got wakeys really fresh 184 with goodies to kill lol, and all the young blokes lol.

My rev limiter is on 2nd top and ignition map is max, that's how it came!!

Mine came like that too but I disconnected it

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

Okay so that must be the stock setup, I wonder if the first engines were dynoed and that is the optimal setup, have you tried that setup after it was run in nick just to see if there was an increase in performance mate.

Take note Mick this is how the 190 was setup not the 150 ... Theres bucket loads of torque 3rd gear wheelies with no problem I've yet to touch the limiter even set at 11500

Take note Mick this is how the 190 was setup not the 150 ... Theres bucket loads of torque 3rd gear wheelies with no problem I've yet to touch the limiter even set at 11500

No worries bud, the actual manual I read was for the 150f but I wont be changing anything from the way I got it from you until I have ridden it, but if its changed it will be a small step.

There no harm in messing around with the timing or limiter just start off with the base settings get the jetting sorted out so you know it's running right then up the timing
If your running lean with advanced timing it could be bad very bad hole in piston bad lol

There no harm in messing around with the timing or limiter just start off with the base settings get the jetting sorted out so you know it's running right then up the timing
If your running lean with advanced timing it could be bad very bad hole in piston bad lol

A hole in the piston would be as bad as a hole in the head. Thanks nick thats exactly how i will play it mate;)

Most guys down here run them at 13.5k as at 11 they hit the limiter all the time, pending gearing I suppose

A hole in the piston would be as bad as a hole in the head. Thanks nick thats exactly how i will play it mate;)
do they just overheat? or do they get hotspots? maybe a little thicker piston needs to be used or a piston with some coatings to even out the heat distribution

They get to hot with advanced timing and coming up to summer now i know I'm leaving mine on the base timing .. Ive got a takegawa oil temp gauge hooked up to my motor my oil temps stay really nice in the 80 to 90 range .. that was over winter so in summer it will rise. thinking of upping my limiter tho now I'm running a pwk 33 as this carb setup shines more in the upper rev range

Considering humidity and nth qld heat the timing will remain stock bois. I may fiddle with the limiter though, but only after testing in stock form first. 1 step at a time mick lol. And im having my first official ride today in 4 months.;)

Latest posts

Back