Daytona anima 190 carb

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8r3nd0

Sinister 50's
Reaction score
Ok quick question for the guys in the know and you know who you are.
Anyway the question is what carbs are you guys running and what alternatives are there.
How on earth is braaap running a 22mm mikuni on the 190 anima and others are running PE28mm.
What are the problems or things that you guys have run into when getting these engines dialed in.
Would you be able to get away with an oko 26mm or am I just kidding myself, sorry if the questions seem stupid but just want to know as much as possible so I can sort my budget out.
Cheers in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The answer would be having some serious dyno time, as we all know its not as easy as just dumping bulk fuel in and it burning and producing huge power, I was once attacked by a long term member of this forum for running smaller jetting on my 155 with v2 and high comp piston than they come standard running on a stock 155. All that wad said was that with that combo it would be horrible to ride and is a ridiculous combo and couldnt imagine it(my engine) would last long.

I also used to run a stock vm16(19mm) mikuni on my very high comp lifan 125 motor and it was beautiful and wouldnt stay on 2 wheels.

Most smaller carbies can be fitted with larger jets and when I get my anima 150 in im gonna stick with the oko 26 and try jetting it up but not before I try it with the stock 36 and 100 jets. I know how my 155 v2 high comp motor runs great and I am expecting a bit more from the anima so I will certainly know when im on a good setting due to what I expect. ;)

Hey Brendo I've tried everything mate.. the OKO 26 will work but i found it a bit of a bugger to tune it ... it was never 100% but great bottom end thats about it ....

Tried the pwk33 and its now sitting in my drawer found it to be a good revvy carb liked the top end of the rpms more and didn't have quite the punch i expected down low BUT keep in mind its got the wrong needle in it and i cant even find one anywhere in the world except for an italian minibike website that wont ship to Aus the bastards .... so its still in testing i havent given up on it totally yet , Plus you need to make up a custom mani too as they don't have em available either ...

Then theres the PE28 ... easy to tune the specs in the operators manual are spot on and its a perfect balance of insane torque and top end . I can pull a wheelie in 3rd gear no clutching it with 15 / 39 gearing . No hiccups at all through the rev range and you can flick the throttle as quick as you like in any gear even in neutral without any bog what so ever and it purrs like a kitten on idle . Doesn't even need choke on a cold start it will start up after a few kicks an idle dead cold too ..

Hey Brendo I've tried everything mate.. the OKO 26 will work but i found it a bit of a bugger to tune it ... it was never 100% but great bottom end thats about it ....

Tried the pwk33 and its now sitting in my drawer found it to be a good revvy carb liked the top end of the rpms more and didn't have quite the punch i expected down low BUT keep in mind its got the wrong needle in it and i cant even find one anywhere in the world except for an italian minibike website that wont ship to Aus the bastards .... so its still in testing i havent given up on it totally yet , Plus you need to make up a custom mani too as they don't have em available either ...

Then theres the PE28 ... easy to tune the specs in the operators manual are spot on and its a perfect balance of insane torque and top end . I can pull a wheelie in 3rd gear no clutching it with 15 / 39 gearing . No hiccups at all through the rev range and you can flick the throttle as quick as you like in any gear even in neutral without any bog what so ever and it purrs like a kitten on idle . Doesn't even need choke on a cold start it will start up after a few kicks an idle dead cold too ..

From what I am hearing here, I'd be going the 28mm PWK! The 28 round slide works really well go the same size flat slide!!

i have a pwk 28 and will be testing it this sunday! ill let u know!

interested to know what needle ur running since daytona specifies a W956R-1175W..... i can't find one for the pwk 33 nicko it sucks ...

they specify the same needle for the pwk 28 also ....

Forgot to add my 190 is twitchy as a mofo even with the round slide with a quarter turn throttle ... like to see how crazy a flatside 28 will make it ... i know the 33 pwk softened it a bit being a bigger bore size carb but with a doggy needle so dunno how well it might run setup right ???? id love to get the right needle for the 33 im itching to test it out properly ...

Tested it today not 100% on the needle! I bought it from kwacka and have only changed the jets! I am actually using the same getting on my 190 that was inthe carb for the 184 and it is has lots of torque and top end! I couldn't be much happier!

Cheers for the info guys.
Thought I'd share this for the people that haven't seen it...
[video=youtube;nrLGrVWikOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrLGrVWikOQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Na mate i dunno what your talking about, just thought it was interesting don't you :hidesbehindsofa:

Thought id add to your 190 carb thread mate its taken me months of searching and persistence but I've finally got the Daytona W956R-1175W Needle to suit the Keihin PWK 33 monster flat side carb I've got sitting in my tool box so now i can set it up with the correct jetting and needle and I've got a sweet fat 60mm uni to fit on it as well . Cant wait to run this thing its such a nice carby ... Will look nice back on the 190 and running right hopefully

Thought id add to your 190 carb thread mate its taken me months of searching and persistence but I've finally got the Daytona W956R-1175W Needle to suit the Keihin PWK 33 monster flat side carb I've got sitting in my tool box so now i can set it up with the correct jetting and needle and I've got a sweet fat 60mm uni to fit on it as well . Cant wait to run this thing its such a nice carby ... Will look nice back on the 190 and running right hopefully

Sounds good lad, defiantly let us all know how you go with it hey. Damn if you get it dialed in its gonna scream to the moon ( even more then it does).

Sounds good lad, defiantly let us all know how you go with it hey. Damn if you get it dialed in its gonna scream to the moon ( even more then it does).

Im hoping so bud ill post up some results once its up and running * fingers crossed *

^ Will be interesting to see how much difference (if any) it makes. Well done on sourcing the part, carby bits can be a real PITA to find if it's anything but jets.

^ Will be interesting to see how much difference (if any) it makes. Well done on sourcing the part, carby bits can be a real PITA to find if it's anything but jets.

Yeah your not wrong mate if it doesn't run any better or it's the same I'll keep it on there but if it's worse I know my pe 28 works well anyway

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

Latest posts

Back