Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my67xr

Miniriders Legend and Master Spanner Spinning Mode
Reaction score
an engine i worked on had a lot of rubber in the oil filter strainer down the front/bottom of the r/h engine case

so i thought i had better check the clutch basket.
it looked ok, but when i held the alloy basket, i could move the gear on the back forwads and backwards.
that shouldn't happen with a good basket.

so this thread shows how to repair a noisy clutch basket on the above models
it is the same for any of the rear clutched engine too.
this is pretty much the same as Sean01s' thread but with a few more pics- http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/31107-china-start-any-gear-clutch-upgrade.html

here is a noisy 155Z clutch basket

the studs that hold the steel gear and backing plate to the alloy basket need to be carefully drilled out
i used a 4mm drill bit and drill straight down through the centre of it using a drill press.
once the rivets are drilled, you can just turn the head of the stud off with a pair of pliers
then the thin steel plate can come off, be careful not to bend/ warp it etc

this is what i found inside the clutch with it pulled apart, see the rubbers have let go
those alloy rounded triangular shaped bits should be sitting centrally in the holes of the gear

this is the donor clutch, off a Lifan 125, the rubbers were in excellent condition.

and this shows the old ones next to some good rubbers (out of the 125 idler gear above)

you'll need to drill the whole way through the basket so it is ready to be tapped with and M6 x 1mm tap
i countersunk the basket and backing plate too so i could use some 12.9 bolts i had

new/used rubbers fitted, loctite threads ready to be assembled

and all put back together and ready to be fitted

i would like to see the heavy duty rubbers that are available for them, just to compare the standard ones.
i noticed dirt-bike-store.com no longer sell the reinforced replacement rubbers.
i reckon they'd be easy to make with urethane too

they were crf 250 rubbers wernt they?
I have to do this to my clutch will post results..

yeah, they were selling the Geeco or Hinson heavy duty basket it was for the CRF250,
pretty sure they used the same brand rubbers too.
but i think you had to open up the holes in your gear to 27mm from memory.

the Bucci rubbers are £25 plus postage

Last edited:
Anyone with good experience with them?
i will be going from the spares i have now, doubt they will hold up a couple of rides.. especially when i can go bigger bore

wait for Phil, i'm pretty sure he has used the heavy duty dampners/rubbers before

Yes, I have used TB parts ones. They outlasted the clutch basket so I dunno how good/bad they are. It's some Honda ones you have to use I thought?

yeah Honda CRF50 / CRF70 rubbers were the ones sean01 used

Ok pulled my TB billet clutch apart today, the rubbers are like brand new still. Pity those baskets are so bad, stock ones last much longer.

so the TB basket has worn from the clutch plates rubbing ?

No it shattered the drive gear and the hub allows the basket to wobble.

not good,
i have found another billet basket but it's only for a 5 plate clutch
they mentioned you need to run the hardened gear with it, i cant remember if it was a lightened billet gear ?
i'll have to show you after tea, find the link again

edit; found it, but it's for a YX160 ...no thanks

Bucci Basket £120

Bucci-HD-clutch-basket-and-dampers-YX-510x600.jpg

must use the YX heavy duty gear with it too (67T gear ?) £45

YX-HD-starter-gear-247x300.jpg

Bucci Dampners £25-

Bucci-hd-clutch-dampers.jpg

Bucci H/Duty drive gear £28 -

heavy-duty-clutch-drive-gear.jpg

Bucci H/Duty Clutch Plate Carrier £215 -

Bucci-clutch-plate-carrier-YX.jpg

Yes i know about he bucci ones, but at those prices bugger that. Wouldn't mind the hardened gear though.

I have just ordered a length of urethane rod to make up and test out a new set of dampener's/buffer's, now i need to wait for it to arrive.
I should have enough for a few set's, so i'll get gottagetacheaperhobby to try some out too if he want's to as he does a lot more hour's on his bike's than me

urethane rod.jpg

Where did you order it from?
Only places i can get rod like that here only have ones that are to hard.

There are so many different grades of urethane available.
The one i found is a suspension urethane for mounting motors etc and suspension use it is heat proof, oil proof and is a good dampener.
It's coming from china, but i wont post a link just yet incase its no good for our clutch use.
Nolathane sell the urethane rod too but its 3x the price

Not had much to do with bucci clutch apart from yx
On the other hand we used MBF clutch all season for our anima
With hardened drive gear and KSG

KSG are press fit. Totaly removes basket wobble you always get from stock.

Basket itself is made from 7075.
Can't recommend them enough.

I was just checking out the mbf website, these clutch baskets don't seem to be available at the moment. I have wanted to try one for ages now, but am not 100 percent sure on what I have to change to make it fit my 160ho bottom end, or their actual price in aussie dollar.. The wobble in the stock baskets drives me nuts, seems to be the only real issue with them (that I have had anyway) the amount of clutches I have changed simply because it's kissing the crank gear is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back