Daytona engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikes bike

Reaction score
I am racing a 150cc Daytona engined race bike and want a bit more power. Is fitting the race cam and hi comp piston going to make that much difference.
Mike.

Thanks a lot will give it a try. I am actually racing in NSW motolite class bucket racing.
Mike.

Thanks a lot will give it a try. I am actually racing in NSW motolite class bucket racing.
Mike.

Good stuff mike, i was racing in the townsville(rrat) motolite category also against buckets(superlites) and actually gained some serious respect from people who thought we were a joke running around on rims the size of dinner plates. Are you allowed to run upto 200cc two valve motors and i think 175cc 4 valve.

You may want to find a big bore kit, im not sure what is available but a cam and hi-comp piston will be a great start. This is the bikes i was racing, 1 was a spare.
2012-05-31145254.jpg

2012-05-31150135.jpg

what carb you got? Also is it the 2v or 4v 150?
a pwk28 is a good start
high comp piston
performance cam
4V dohc
and I think there is a stroker kit available for the 2v version. (I'll check)
daytona cdi
daytona oil cooler (you wanna keep the daytona's pretty close to 92'C?)
Hers the manual which will give you all the specs on it.
http://www.mcm50.com/daytona/Day150-Manual.pdf

great pics mick

i didnt no you raced them mate

Yeah joshy, i raced 3 seasons in the motolite category. Relatively injury free apart from a dislocated shoulder and extensive bone bruising and concussions.

Wow, mick, those are some mean machines, is that a custom frame on them?
Na dude, full china frame, but in saying that i dont know of any other of these frames around, they had full ferring kits on them and were dirt bikes, terrible on the dirt but not to bad on the road. They look great i reckon and the blue one ran a china 4 valve 150 and the red a yx 160 2 valve.

There 10''s yeah? im on 12's atm im savin for some nice pmt's :) wish there were more tracks around me though

did you do anygood on em mick
being 5th or 6th on the grid and always 2nd in the first corner, not coming from road riding experience i didnt have the style and was more my own lazy style, couldnt catch some but tormented others lol

Relativily injury free??? what is not injury free then? Wait I don't think I want to know. lol
haha, relatively injury free sometimes lol
There 10''s yeah? im on 12's atm im savin for some nice pmt's :) wish there were more tracks around me though
Na there 12" zac.

Love how people say keep Daytonas under 92 degrees or stuff will go wrong.. I run no temp gauges and race mine to the peak of its ability and I can tell you I drop oil every 2 heats and the oil literally nearly burnt my finger from how hot it is..

I had no idea you where a road racer pal! the old rotn50 surprises again!

Mmmm, a man of many talents and secrets. And yes the dirt is harder than bitumen.

Latest posts

Back