decomp kit for kickback

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sniper

Reaction score
my atomik reign 150cc has extreme kickback and has had it for ages.I read on here about getting a decomp kit to stop it.Where do i get one from?how much are they?and what is involved in installing it?any info would be great as im totaly frigen sick of nearly breaking my ankle every time i start it.I have set the valves and stuff and i do the tdc thing but still does it.Had bike for about 5 months and it just totaly wrecks the fun.Thanks.

won´t help in your case...check your ignition, maybe you got one of these too advanced flywheels from dirtmax (change it for a recend)or if you have a IRK retard it a bit !!

yep from memory the atomik reign 150cc came with the crf style yx150 engine, only decomp kit for those would be a TB option one (which requires the head to be machined) or maybe the one available on the pitster U.S site..

but like the above post, its all ignition related... IRK's and yx outer rotor's have a really bad advance curve.. but at least with the IRK you can retard it to help..

best thing to do is buy a lifan 150 outer rotor kit and tune it

it means bringing the spark timing closer to TDC, instead of around 20+ degree's @ idle you would want 15 degree's some engines even 10 degree's (10 being safer).

you need a timing light that tells you the degree's.

if you have an IRK fitted then loosen the screws for the pick-up and move the pick-up all the way up to start with... test and adjust if needed..

http://www.miniriders.com.au/motor-tutorials/24388-setting-adjusting-timing-irk.html

Latest posts

Back