Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timeeh

Go Go Gadget Moderator
Supporter
Reaction score
Need to remove a dent from a stainless exhuast. Anyone got any ideas?
IMAG0691.jpg

Honestly I don't think you will get it all out mate!

Try heat! Lots of heat an push it out from the inside with something long and rounded to the best of your ability then if that doesn't get it all and you're still not happy you could fill the remainder of the dent with weld. Then linish then polish.

Probably not worth the effort IMO, but I'm lazy! :p

Last edited:
being stainless if you try levering/popping it out, every movement will make the metal harder, it's called work hardening

you could try the freezing method if it will fit in the freezer ?

or try blocking one end, and heating the dented area till it glows red then force compressed air into the open end, wrap the blower nozzle up thick with a wet rag to help seal it off

i've been using slide hammers for 20+ years, i have a 1 pound, a 3 pound, and a 13 pound slide hammer.
you'd be very lucky to get a nice looking finished repair using any of them
it is so easy to over stretch the thing you are pulling,
if you pull off centre of a dent it can easily make another crease too

Cheers boys, im like Corey so i just thought f it and bunged it on :) I bent it out a touch using another piece of exhaust, worked a little bit and you cant see it from the way it attach's as it sits flush against the swinga.

Block both sides, apply heat..
its a good idea to not exeed 90psi on each plug but.

I'd go for heat + forcing it out with a chunk of wood down it's guts... Needless to say, don't insert the wood until after you take the torch to it ;)

Latest posts

Back