Determining engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjbarsted

Reaction score
Hi I have gotten a 150 from a friend that's not running and alot of parts missing
I'm not sure how to tell what engine it is exactly though so I can source any parts needed
Any info on what to look for where would be great
I can post up pics a little later just not right now
I have been told it is a ciniworx not sure if they use specific model engine or not

Also above the front sprocket there is a black plastic plug with a green and brown wire coming out of it the wire is cut and I don't know where it needs to run to
Inside it has a copper contact ring

Pics are the best bet in letting us help you bud.

Welcome to Miniriders,

Make sure you drop by and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too.
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

this thread explains how to upload pics too if you need help
http://www.miniriders.com/general-c...ers-old-new-few-helpful-tips-hints-ideas.html

below the front sprocket, stamped into the engine case will be a number that tells you what the engine is.
it could be a 1P56FMJ

YX150-

en-yx-150-k.jpg

Lifan 150, but i don't think it would be-

Lifan_150cc_Motor_logo.jpg

Shine ray 150, but i doubt it

150ccmanual.jpg

The green wire w/red stripe is for a neutral start switch, it's not use on a lot of bikes

Cheers, Craig

Last edited:
Thx for re replies here are some pics

Also what is the best place to go on the hunt to buy parts for these?
Is there any specific site you guys use or just ebay

ok, that's a Lifan 150 1p56fmj,
looks like it has a 1 down, 3 up gearbox ?
ebay is good, what parts are you after ?

I may need a new piston and barrel
It was sitting out in the weather for almost a year so I have stripped it down cleaned up every thing the water only got to the top of the piston and in the barrel I cleaned all the crap/rust as best I could the piston looks good the barrel looks stained so just have to try and get it started and see
The main things I am needing though are parts like exhaust, rear break pedal mounting hardware and alot of different mounting bolts

let me know if you need a cylinder and piston and rings, i have a very low hour set i'd sell at a good price.
they've done maybe 2 hours from new ?

Latest posts

Back