DHZ Outlaw 140 Freshly Bought. HELP!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i hate how moto shops look down on chinese bikes. they'd get plenty of business if they had a bloke that was pro as with pittys

problem i guess is that "if" it needed parts or something... unless its a gen CRF theres no way for these guys to get em...i doubt they would use ebay lol

Yeah I got you, it isn't the throttle but the choke mech idk, i'm gonna go by thinking the valve clearances is out

yep do your valves....
but it sounds to me like you have the choke on..... causing hi revs and dies with a bit of throttle....
the carby should come out the box on some baseline setings so the bike should run fine

^^ agreed. Sounds like your choke is stuck on, take your air filter off, and check that the choke is operating properly (not stuck in the fully on position). My mikuni used to do it all the time, pain in the ass, but often with the china bikes the problems are very easily fixed.

yeah? its a mikuni carbi, i'll give that a shot paton. and dvd i thought that the carbi would be tuned just enough to give a good first start.

Last edited:
you may need to bend the clip inwards a little. that one that hold the choke on. i went to ride my bike the other day and the choke kept flicking back on on its own cos the clip was bent out a tad

if you dont know, on the mikumi the choke is the black switch and it should be pointing down for off

If it was me i would be checking the direction you ran your throttle cable when you put the bars on.If you ran it out around the forks or on the wrong side of them it would cause this problem

hey tubes do yurself a favour take it too a pro and get it right,youve got a bunch of guys on here,(Note not everyone) who think they are mechanics throwing ideas at you and they have not even seen or heard the bike,whenever you ring a workshop the first thing they say is bring it in,because they cant guess what the problem is,you could say there is something wrong with the carbi only too find that someones shoved a potato up your exhaust,so if you got no idea take it somewhere that does,and before they do any work ask for a price and then you decide if they touch it or you take it home, a good mechanic will have agood idea whats wrong the minute they hear it

hahah guys guess what. i got it fixed. the throttle pin was wayyy too screwed in. it goes sooo quality :)

Clunky, the bike is brand new there is more than likely nothing wrong with it and is a simple set up issue, and i can just about guarantee there isn't a potato shoved in his exhaust and the problem is either valve or i think more likely a simple carb issue.

Know of any shops with better advice than on here???

Edit: Good on ya tubes for fixing it yourself

hey tubes do yurself a favour take it too a pro and get it right,youve got a bunch of guys on here,(Note not everyone) who think they are mechanics throwing ideas at you and they have not even seen or heard the bike,whenever you ring a workshop the first thing they say is bring it in,because they cant guess what the problem is,you could say there is something wrong with the carbi only too find that someones shoved a potato up your exhaust,so if you got no idea take it somewhere that does,and before they do any work ask for a price and then you decide if they touch it or you take it home, a good mechanic will have agood idea whats wrong the minute they hear it

More like a bunch of guys sharing there experience with minis and trying to problem solve to save him money. No one forced advice on him, he asked for it.

This thread has been going for what 2 days? and cost him what....SFA

off the top of my head the idle screw has been mentioned in this thread what....3 times?

ok (worse case scenario) say...Clunky didnt find the prob, he rang a bike shop....trailer it there, left it with them cause of how busy they were, come back later on..only to find his been charged an hour labor to fix something we have suggested... then have to trailer it home.

i know what i would rather pay....SFA

Everyone who has commented has offered help and advice...not tried to play mechanic.

do you even see what this site is mostly used for? it's helping the poor bastards that don't know anything! anyone who takes a bike to a mechanic to get the idle turned up has been F@#KED!!!

anyways, glad to hear he has it sorted out..
most the time the most obvious things are overlooked...

hey guys
i did not mean too open a can of worms here,i am a licensed mechanic by trade and no longer work in the industry(by choice),i am all for people fixing their own problems and believe that you guys provide some excellant free advice,but thru experience some people just dont get it,its like when for example your wife or someone says the powers out,you say have you checked the fuse and they say whats a fuse and you explain it to them and then they go and turn off the water,the guys got a new bike hes spent x amount of dollars and is now trying too adjust valves clean out carbis etc,what if he buggars it and he has not even rode it,i by a lot of old thumpsters,outboard motors and motorbikes that people have tried to fix themselves that they never get to run again,and when there old thats ok cause youve got to have a go,but when they are brand new,i think id prefer to spend $88 than buggar it,

nah yeah i'm soo happy i did it myself i was thinking after 'what if i did take it into a shop they'd charge me like $80 to turn a single screw.' :) this bike is awesome. i recommend it. pops up shifting into 2nd 3rd and if you drop the clutch in 4th it'll pop up no problem, i'm about 75kgs.

nah yeah i'm soo happy i did it myself i was thinking after 'what if i did take it into a shop they'd charge me like $80 to turn a single screw.' :) this bike is awesome. i recommend it. pops up shifting into 2nd 3rd and if you drop the clutch in 4th it'll pop up no problem, i'm about 75kgs.

Glad to hear it mate...let the fun begin.

Latest posts

Back