DHZ outlaw 160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

connor14

Reaction score
Slowly doing up my 2015 dhz outlaw. It has a zongshen 160ho in it from standard just want everyones opinion on what engine to run either put a tb 184cc bore kit and race head or just buy a daytona 190, i want a better top speed and acceleration so want to to know the pros and cons and a sugestion on which way to go
Cheers

The 184 bbk and race head does definitely open these engines up, and if you hadnt ridden a 190 fdx then you would be more than happy with the results. I blew a few ppl out with a 155 race headed hi comp zonger (stock bore, but hi comp piston and big cam with alloy rollers instead of the forged originals) I had, and the 2 184s I have now both run hard enough to scare the pants off unsuspecting riders, but they lose out by 3/4 bike lengths to the 4 valved 190 in straight up drag race. Pretty even in 1st and 2nd, but as soon as I dropped into 3rd I lost a bike length on craigs 190, and by the time we were both topped out in 4th I was three to four lengths behind. Cutting a long story short, if you HAVE to be the quickest, the 190 is the engine you will be wanting. If your satisfied with a damn quick mini, then there is nothing wrong a tb or taki headed 184. Well our zonger 160s are actually only 178cc with the bbk, but whats a couple of cc between friends lol.

Last edited:
Yeh might go with a 190 the bike has copped a flogging and now the gear box is getting stiff so a hole new engine and carb sounds like the way to go

The 190 fdx requires throttle respect. Well that's just to start with then crack that sucker WOT and hang on. Being a stock motor compared to a BBK donk you get a tad more reliability. But that also depends on how you abuse it.

If you have the money go for a 190. The 160s with the v2 head fly though

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

We just bought 3 of these 2015 outlaws, all motards (so non-linkage)...waiting for them to arrive, can't wait.

post up some pics!

Latest posts

Back