Difference between crf and drz frames?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prater999

Reaction score
hey guys i was wondering if any1 could tell me if there is any difference between a crf50 frame and a drz70 frame?
my drz frame is a bit bent and if i want a new 1 it will cost me $1600 from suzuki! so i thought i might c if a crf one would fit?

The image below is one for a drz frame any feedback will help, thanx guys :)

Attachments

• suHJ1008002013.jpg
    suHJ1008002013.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 27
yer genuine is a joke...... if i was you i would just get a china DRZ/KLX frame

something like this
images

yea man just strengthen it and make a cradle for it

actually lookin at that picture it doesn't look to different to a crf50 frame, you can get frames fairly cheap on ebay usa.

my drz 1 is already strentghend and the guys at our local 50 store said they looked the same as a crf50 one

get a cheap and nasty china 50 job frame , and suss it all out , but you went a drz to be different , so just get ya frame full strengthened and modified to what you need. cradle / extended et c..

Sure looks similar. Trying to talk a buddy in to letting me use his un-loved stock DRiZ 70 for some R&D. No body makes big bores and such. Yet:) I love the Superhead-looking top end, and know I can make it from 67 to 88cc, and WAY stronger than a CRF88 stock head. Manual clutch conversion or auto/manual combo even looks easy.

Motor mount locations look darn close. Should be able to slip it in a lightly modded trick CRF chassis.
18983_4.gif

Latest posts

Back