DNM Shocks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldhack

Reaction score
Hi all,
Before I start, I tried the search and struggled before posting.
I have just bought a new pitbike Atomik Nitrous160 (don't hate me:rolleyes:).
I have been told that the rear shock is very soft and I should look at replacing it at some point.
So I have been pointed in the direction of FASTACE,DNM, or GPX.
I have been riding for 20 yrs on big bikes but never on little ones so I have some ability.
I weigh 80KG and am 170cm tall.
I won't be doing FMX but would like to be able to do a few jumps without bending it. It will mostly get Enduro and light MX work at this stage but you never know!
So which shock would suit?
What spring weight should I be looking at?
Do I need remot resivor?
I have found a few on E-bay that may or may not be up to task:
RACING DNM SHOCK MT-HRC 290MM PITBIKE DIRT BIKE KLX DHZ
Or this: KDF DNM MTG-RC REAR SHOCK ABSORBER 1000LBS 1000 SHOCKIE
Or this: FASTACE BS-66AR REAR SHOCK 280MM 1000LBS/IN
Or this: RACING FASTACE BS-66RC 290MM SHOCK PITBIKE DIRT BIKE
Thanks guys/Girls.
Any info Appreciated.:D

an elka went for 300 apparently, might be worth to have a look at the highend shocks and see if you can pick something up cheap

I wouldn't bother bidding in auctions where the other bidders have high percentages with the seller ... especially (0) feedback bidders ... 'reeks of shill bidding to artificially control the end price ...

I've checked the bid history of listings extensively over a long period of time and most genuine bidders have low percentages with the seller (under 6%) ... Most of mine = 2% or less ... There's been countless times where no feedback was left by either the seller or the buyer and the item was constantly re-listed ... Auctions where the items appear to always end at a similar price are extremely suss ... real auctions end with the prices all over the place ... One week they'll get a high price from some dork and the next they'll a low price ... even IF they might have gotten their mates to "pull" it for them ... (aka proxy wankers) ...

Aside from that , the shock is stated as being 295 mm long ... if the eye to eye distance is longer than that of the stock shock it could mess up the swing arm angle , increase chain rub wear and also adversely affect the fork rake angle ...

Bidder: b***s( 0 )
Item description: Elka Rear Shock, PITBIKE PITPRO MOTOVERT CRF70 KLX110
Bids on this item: 3

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 5
Items bid on: 2
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 60%

Bidder Information
Bidder: x***l( 45Feedback score is 10 to 49)
Bids on this item: 9

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 20
Items bid on: 5
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 45%

Bidder Information
Bidder: o***r( 0 )
Bids on this item: 6

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 6
Items bid on: 1
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

I wouldn't bother bidding in auctions where the other bidders have high percentages with the seller ... especially (0) feedback bidders ... 'reeks of shill bidding to artificially control the end price ...

I've checked the bid history of listings extensively over a long period of time and most genuine bidders have low percentages with the seller (under 6%) ... Most of mine = 2% or less ... There's been countless times where no feedback was left by either the seller or the buyer and the item was constantly re-listed ... Auctions where the items appear to always end at a similar price are extremely suss ... real auctions end with the prices all over the place ... One week they'll get a high price from some dork and the next they'll a low price ... even IF they might have gotten their mates to "pull" it for them ... (aka proxy wankers) ...

Aside from that , the shock is stated as being 295 mm long ... if the eye to eye distance is longer than that of the stock shock it could mess up the swing arm angle , increase chain rub wear and also adversely affect the fork rake angle ...

Bidder: b***s( 0 )
Bids on this item: 3

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 5
Items bid on: 2
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 60%

Bidder Information
Bidder: x***l( 45Feedback score is 10 to 49)
Bids on this item: 9

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 20
Items bid on: 5
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 45%

Bidder Information
Bidder: o***r( 0 )
Bids on this item: 6

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 6
Items bid on: 1
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

Cactus,
Thanks alot for your info on this subject. I would never think to check bid historys but what you say makes heaps of sense.
RE- The shock length, I will make sure I stick with standard length when purchasing one.
As the std shock has no resivour, What is better to get for the nitrous? Remote or not?
I have been told either from others and I appreciate that, I just want as much info as possible before parting with my $$. ;)
oldhack.

Cactus,
Thanks alot for your info on this subject. I would never think to check bid historys but what you say makes heaps of sense.
RE- The shock length, I will make sure I stick with standard length when purchasing one.
As the std shock has no resivour, What is better to get for the nitrous? Remote or not?
I have been told either from others and I appreciate that, I just want as much info as possible before parting with my $$. ;)
oldhack.

yep, that happens alot, also (like cactus said) but when an item is starting at 99c and it happends all to often there will most likely be dud bids, and will always be around the same price range this happens alot with phones and ipods (even second hand)

A lot of people buy the piggy back shock for simplicity and ease of fitment ... All that a remote reservoir does is help keep the shock oil cooler under harsh continuous riding or racing conditions plus adds some extra bling factor ... but there's also more chance of springing an oil leak somewhere ...

Last edited:
got my mt-rc $150 posted brand new, ticket price don't mean sheeeit

got my mt-rc $150 posted brand new, ticket price don't mean sheeeit

Nice work DvDRip.
You get that off E-bay or what? I have read a few posts where people are claiming that DNM may have quality issues:confused:. Dunno?
Was thinkin of goin the way of Fastace for that reason. Everybody consistantly says they work well everytime;) (inc yourself earlier in this thread). Not in any rush though.
oldhack.

Latest posts

Back