Does anybody know how the throttle controller should link to the governor arm? CT200u

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrpeebody

Reaction score
Since I installed a new throttle controller, whenever I start my bike and turn the choke off, the bike shoots off at full throttle. I can’t find anywhere to show how it should actually be linked up, so does anyone have pictures of their arrangement? If not, is there anything online? I also recently installed a torque converter

Attachments

• IMG_2880.MOV
    32.9 MB
Welcome to the forum.

Can you check on this? Hope it helps.
Hi, my torque converter is set up and works fine, the problem is while replacing the throttle control I can’t seem to set it up right. I’m also trying to avoid bypassing the governor arm and hooking it up directly. I was wondering if there was a resource showing how to assemble it or how people have it set up on their bike?

Hi, my torque converter is set up and works fine, the problem is while replacing the throttle control I can’t seem to set it up right. I’m also trying to avoid bypassing the governor arm and hooking it up directly. I was wondering if there was a resource showing how to assemble it or how people have it set up on their bike?

here’s a better video (I tried using the old control, but it had the same effect)
View attachment trim.A540A6DE-87F3-41EB-BCBF-CBEB483529EF.MOV

Hopefully guys more knowledgeable will be along to answer your questions.

These are the closest I could find:

Thanks, I left a comment on one of those videos. It seems like the only way I can get it working right now is to bypass the governor, but I’m really hesitant to do that so I’ll keep tinkering for now

Good luck man, hope you'll be able to solve it.

By chance, can you update us on how it turns out?

By chance, can you update us on how it turns out?
I tried all sorts of solutions, including buying a new carburetor and adjusting the idle screw, and even going into a store and seeing how it was linked with the stock bikes. Even though my linkage seemed like it should work I still had problems. I ended up bypassing the governor using this tutorial. The bike runs and idles fine now.

Thanks for the update. That's great news, nice work!

Latest posts

Back