does anyone knwo about moto apprentiships??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t.luisetto

Reaction score
Hey im in Melb and curious about doing an apprentiship in motorbike mechanics...

Where would i start to enquire about this sort of things??

And does anyone know any shops in the bentleigh area tha might be looking??

cheers

hey mate you should just go in to some motorbike shops even if there not advertising you never no your luck and just hand them a resume and say that your interested in starting an aprentiship. so yeh just give it a go mate

go to your lacal TAFE institute...Do a course on motobike machanics and them about half way threw the course you get to do 2 days work exsperiance a week threw that tafe and thats how you get your foot in the door as such

thats what i did and it worked a treat....

Hey man, what i would do is ring local motorcycle workshops through out your area, ask them if you can do work experance there for a week. At the end ask them if they would consider you as an apprentice. I'm on my first year at a chainsaw and motorcycle place doing small engine aprentiship, but i work on bikes equally as much as i do on chainsaws and mowers, that is the best way to go about it.

john

Yeah, you do a light engine mechanics course at Tafe, thats what i am going to do, that included motorbikes, outboards, mowers etc....im going to do that 1 day a week then 3 days a week at school and 1 day at a boat shop with a trainee ship

i hope you have got some patients mate, getting into a motorcycle joint is much harder then you may think, even after going through a pre apprenticeship course learning the basics it still didnt give me the upper hand in finding a job in the motorcycle industry! there were only limited opportunities and alot of the time i didnt get the job because i had no previous experience dealing with people as such...

its good to do some good hard thinking about what you really want to do, as mentioned above do some work experience in various industries to get to know what exactly you like, even though you like motorcycles as a hobby you may not be all that interested and in the long run this is not a good thing

the worst thing of all is getting into a trade come 3 months down the track and you dont like it, then problems will arise...

You will have a three month probation period on your apprentiship, so if you don't like it you can pull out. You will also get $800 for tools, an insentive after your first 6 months, some payments for tafe, you can claim travel allowance, accomodation allowance to get to tafe. If you live away from your parents, or they have a low income you can claim youth allowance from centre link, also living away from home payments. There is a pretty big demand for small engine work, you would find it easier to get apprentiship at a small engine joint (out door power equiptment). That can open the door for a motorcycle apprentiship, it also will remove half of the apprentiship time.

john.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back