Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qwerty1234

Reaction score
Just as the title says, both our swingarm bearings are a bit tight. Have taken mine off (the 160) and will first try soaking them for a bit and cleaning them out, if that fails will be buying some more. May as well pick up both sets at the same time if they are the same size

because the rear suspension is stiffer than normal, and when getting it off the ground and disconnecting the shock, it doesn't swing freely. Good bearings will be smooth as silk in their motion, not stay horizontal on their own

They're just full of mud and possibly some corrosion. I'll try cleaning them out but if they are notchy or have play in them, they're going in the bin

no, i assume a bearing shop will have something suitable. Does seem silly that DHZ doesn't stock them

I did manage to clean mine to a reasonable state. It's not notchy and there's only a very small amount of play. It 's not perfectly smooth through the motion, there is a tight spot so either the axle is bent or the bearings are still a bit crap but they'll do for now. Might need some for the 140

Still no confirmation as to whether they are the same?

well, the dhz dpro 140 and 160 are very different. the 160 is a crf50 styled pitbike, meaning it runs crf50 styled plastics, etc, whereas the 140 is a crf 70 styled bike. meaning it runs crf70 styled plastics, and is bigger than the 160 in overall size. being different styled bikes, i doubt they would use the same swingarm bearings. your best bet would be to get a set of verniers, and measure the bearing over all OD (outside diametre) and ID (inside diametre) and compare both bearings.

or you may be lucky and be able to read a part number off the bearing too ?

i'd like to get rid of the bearings except I doubt anything else will be small enough to work, they are very thin

Hmmm. My advise, piss the whole swing arm off and buy a HD swing arm off DHZ to suit!

It's stronger, has interchangeable bearing (that any bearing shop stocks) and has a slightly higher shock mount thus giving you a slightly higher overall bike ground clearance.

stock swingarm is fine. All of the stock bearings are just crap, all wheel bearings needed replacing on both bikes already, headstem bearing needed adjustment

It could be that theres just too little grease, or they just suck. Either way new bearings would be just fine and solve the issue

also if people clean their bikes with pressure cleaners, water/mud etc can get past the rubber seals and into the bearings

There are no rubber seals on the swingarm :LolLolLolLol:

and no, no pressure washer. But just going off some of the video's i've seen posted on here, I take it you guys don't often ride them through stuff like this
Stuck-in-the-mud.jpg

aa304f3778904bd4960a31c58a3d677c.jpg

I treat the little 160 just like a full size enduro bike, it goes everywhere I take the big bikes and comes back completed caked in mud

Latest posts

Back