DPro 140 front axle not going in properly?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangaBlitzFanga

Reaction score
I forgot to take pics so bare with me
Helped a friend put together his new dpro 140 yesterday and one thing that really stood out was the front axle, it just didn't seem right.
I have the DPro 160 and it uses a typical 17mm axle with a nut on the end, the 140 seems very different it has a giant allen key axle with a thread on the end but it doesn't seem to even go through very far?
I loosened the 2 small bolts which clamp the fork leg down and gave the axle a light tap but it doesn't seem to want to go in as far as it should, it gets about half way through the right leg and stops solidly, with a good 2 inches still hanging out the left side. Is it supposed to go all the way through, or is that where it sits?

If this is all too fuzzy to work out via text, could someone throw up a pic of their dpro 140 axle so I can compare if it's set correctly?

Can you get the bolt on the the other side? It sometimes just takes some wiggling/shaking and bashing to get it all the way through and sitting right.
Here's some pics I hope this helps in some way.

y8ejeqy6.jpg

5arataje.jpg

uta9ube3.jpg

ymuru9at.jpg

I think I know what the problem is. I used 2 spacers, looks like you only have 1. There are 2 spacers that are slightly different lengths (about 2mm difference). It could have been that one was from the temporary axle used in shipping? (was doing this with a friend so he could have moved them around)
Don't suppose you know the correct length to place on the brake side? I used the slightly longer one

I dunno about the length bud but if its only 2mm difference I don't think it would make much difference, I'm sure when you have another go it will make sense.

The spacers can, or should only be able to go one way. you need correct distance between hub and fork tube for correct alignment of the brake caliper. Ensure that the axle threads through between both fork tubes without the wheel. That will give you a good idea of how it should go together.

it sounds like you have a spacer on the allen head end as well as on the brake side ?

Latest posts

Back