ducar 250

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLR125

Reaction score
hey. just got a new crappy orion 250
its got a ducar motor.

it goes well. time to change the oil though.

anyone have a rough idea on how much oil these china 250 motors take.

i know the 125's take around 800ml to 1 litre but i dont wanna go buy 1 litre oil then find its not enough.:)

also i feel for a 250 the bike has alllot of pick up but not enough topend speed?

anyone now a good sprocket set up for good acceleration but increase more top end speed.
its a 25- small wheell 12-14:)

I have a 250cc Zongshen i put 900ml in the bike then take it for a 5 min ride then add to taste (usually another 150-200ml) My manual says 0.8 US Qt i think from memory.

With the sprockets you will have to sacrifice one or the other (only very slightly)

Small front sprocket --> Large rear sprocket = Reaches top speed quicker, but has a lower overall top speed
Larger front sprocket--> Smaller rear sprocket= Reaches top speed over a greater distance, but will have a higher top speed.

You could leave your current sprocket on the front (its probably a 15,16 or 17tooth) and get a smaller sprocket on the rear. . i could suggest around 35t. That would give you a ratio of just over 2.00, this would increase top speed.

Personally i want to feel the bike pull hard out of corners and have a zippy bottom end so i have a 15t -->48t set up nice ratio of 3.2 :)

OK Awsome mate,
ill go to the shop next time i have a chance and investegate further on the sprockets,
i do enjoy the zippy bottom end but really over it has no speed i kill my mates 125 still though:).

What do you think on carby size?,

i need a new carby as its a cheap hunk of rubbish,

i have rebuilt it twice and still the choke does not work and its just worn out.

so rather then buy another crappy standard one,
any idea's on a good mikuni size that will be good?

30 mm?? Bigger?

Latest posts

Back