East San Diego mountain bt200x oil everywhere!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMaxGlassX

Reaction score
New here. Need help with a big issue.
I rode my bike (bone stock) last week around my property. Everything running fine.

I started it today and it sprayed oil everywhere. I even found it around the air filter. I checked oil level and it was a little low after the bike kicked it everywhere, but not dangerously low. I tightened all every nut and bolt I could find but the oil is all the way up to the muffler. Can’t figure out what, why, how. E1F5DCDA-27F0-4B99-9D82-6EB511141F39.jpeg

Welcome!
Wish I could be of help. I would clean that area thoroughly and remove all signs of oil. Start the engine and see where the sprayed oil really comes from.

Welcome!
Wish I could be of help. I would clean that area thoroughly and remove all signs of oil. Start the engine and see where the sprayed oil really comes from.
That was the first thing I did and it seems to be coming from the muffler box. How oil is getting all the way up there is the problem I’m having trouble finding.

Check your engine case breather hose and make sure it isn't kinked or clogged, pressurizing the cases and possibly pushing the engine oil into the cylinder and/or head and out the exhaust valve.

How old is the bike? Who done the assembly and filled it with oil? Has it been layed over or dropped on its side recently?

Is a few possible ways for oil to get into the exhaust.. and the majority arnt in your favour..

Latest posts

Back