eBay Buying Guide - how to get bargain

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igotbargain

Reaction score
Hi guys .. nice forums you've got here !
I've been doing my research on this forums to get my bike and I wanted to share my experience on how I buy stuff from eBay , how to get a bargain and also how to get a good warranty services.

Research Completed Price

To see the completed listings, do a regular search by adding the keywords in the eBay search box. Once you narrow down you search and see the items you are looking for, look to the left panel under "Show Only" and click on "Completed Listing". This will display all the completed listings for previous two weeks.

14jrew4.jpg

The prices that are coloured green are items that have sold. The items that are in red are the items that didn't sell. If you see a lot of green prices (listings that sold), that usually means it is a high demand item. If you see a lot of red prices (listings that didn't sell), it's probably not a high demand item.

DONT PUT ANY BID - SNIPE IT !

Sniping is the act of placing a bid on an auction in it's last few seconds, thus avoiding emotional, competitive bidding by yourself and other bidders. Snipping is completely legal and allowed by ebay and good news is that there are free services and softwares out there that can do this on behalf of you. You don’t even have to sit in front of your computer or have your PC turned on to do this. The software does it all for you!
My favourite is gixen : http://www.gixen.com
Alternatives : http://hidbid.com

Gixen doesn’t need any registration, just use your ebay password and you are set to go.
Once logged in, all you need to do is enter the item number and your maximum bid. Gixen will put a bid in the very last minute. Gixen will bid incrementally. For example: 3 seconds before an item ends the going price for it is $90 – You put maximum bid on gixen at $1000, gixen will try to bid the item at $91 instead of putting the bid at $1000. You always get the lowest possible price.
Gixen also allow you to create “groups” which allows you to bid on multiple items and if you win one auction in the groups, it will cancel other bids.

Strategy
I normally find the lowest price from the completed items and use it as my maximum bid on gixen. The next step is to create a group on gixen and then enter all the available auction of the same item and put under the same group. These auctions normally end on different times, and if you are lucky you will win the auction. Often I didn’t get the item due to the price is higher than my maximum bid, but I wait patiently – sometimes for weeks. I check the listing every 2 days to see if I won the item that i wanted and if not I will check for newly listed auction and then add it to the group.
Patience paid off. I bought my dad 22HP 4x4 300cc ATV farm quad bike for $2900 ( Retail $4700 – average price $3700) , few 250cc Dirt Bikes for around $700 ( average price $1200-$1500)
Getting the best service
The key to get the best service : don’t leave feedback straight away. You have 60 days to give sellers feedback. If you experiencing any problem and you did not get the service that they promised, tell them that you haven’t leave any feedback and you can leave a negative feedback if the problem didn’t get fixed. Use ebay messaging , phone, and email to communicate (sometimes sellers said that they did not get your email message)
Get the seller to agree on a deadline to fix your problem. If the seller did not fix your problem on the date that they agreed to – leave a negative feedback. Don’t worry, you can withdraw the feedback once the problem is sorted and sellers do not have the ability to give buyer negative feedback (They can only leave neutral feedback). No sellers want a negative feedback, and they will do almost anything to remove it.

Thats it for now and Good Luck !

Last edited:
:welcome: to mini riders......sweet first post, im sure its going to help someone in the future

The only thing i dont like abut sniping is having to give out my log in and password details.

putting your ebay details into sites is how russian hackers got all those ebay accounts, its also against ebay's terms of service. snipe it the manual way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back