Ebay seller beware - hunter01 (pccmotor.com)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxtrax

Reaction score
Short story:
Quick to take money, slow to ship, doesn't fulfill promises they make, sent the wrong item.

Long story:
I ordered a Lifan 140 4up engine from them and received a tracking number the next day. According to their add I was supposed to have the engine within a week but when I looked at the tracking number it still hadn't even been accepted. At this point I decided to email them. The next night they emailed me back and told me they had been out of stock for a week and it would be another week before they got more in. As you can imagine I didn't take to this very well as the engine was supposed to be delivered already and that meant two more weeks before I would even see the engine.

After sending a formal complaint about listing items on ebay as being in stock, yet not having them, I was offered an upgrade to a Lifan 150 which they had in stock and could ship immediately. I did some checking and although the Lifan 150 didn't come pre-wired for 12v I decided to accept their offer. However I did specify that I only wanted it IF IT WAS A 4UP. The seller confirmed that it was a 4up and 5 days later my engine came.

Upon opening the box I discovered that the engine was NOT a 4up but the 1d3up transmission I was hoping to avoid! When I tried contacting the seller it took me 2 days to actually contact/get a response from them... to which they tole me it should be the 4 up (sticker and checking clearly proved its not). In their response they offered to ship my engine back and upon receiving it see if they had the right one. I said screw this and discussed monetary refund as I am moving before the new engine would arrive. They refunded me $30 after telling me they would refund me $40-50 they would have into shipping.

Once I am done writing this I am going to go install the engine and ride. Hopefully the transmission doesn't cause me any trouble in the future.

bad luck man i hate issues with things that should be easy. ive ad my fair share of poor sellers before and it annoys the hell out of me. good luck on the trans tho, i dont know if theyre known to be bad but if it holds up a 150 over the 140 would be a nice little upgrade for near nothing (except the screw around)

you got exactly what you deserved buying over seas and not from a local supplier

provideing you're in fact from australia i know some international country's have a hard time getting bits

you got exactly what you deserved buying over seas and not from a local supplier

Wow, that's a bit harsh. Why exactly does he 'deserve' to get screwed around, lied to and ripped of??? He did nothing wrong.

a 150 over the 140 would be a nice little upgrade for near nothing (except the screw around)

Not really, there are bugger all mods and upgrade parts around for 150's.

Wow, that's a bit harsh. Why exactly does he 'deserve' to get screwed around, lied to and ripped of??? He did nothing wrong.

What i reckon coolie was getting at is there are more than enough mini shops gettin around to buy from, and sadly the net is killing them off slowly but surely. Looking at his sign-up details (US) i am sure there are more than we have here in Oz.

Latest posts

Back