eBay shock extender

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo97

Reaction score
Got a pair of shock extender's in the mail the other day and chucked one on my bike, they look/feel pretty flimsy.,not to sure how it is goin to hold landing jumps :/ anyone used these to extend a shock that is to short? And how did they hold up if so ? :) could save me havin a wicked stack hahaha

Last edited:
i got the same ones and i agree, they seem very flimsy. Mine are only going on the boys bike so shouldnt see a great deal of air time, but if your doing any decent jumps i'd try find something else

maybe some small trail jumps, nothing with a high impact landing. Im planning on using the spare one as a template and try to find a shop that can machine me one up ;)

Anyone actualy done any jumps with these ? Or is it the same deal as this, looked at them and just thought no way that's gna hold up? Gota be someone who has actualy tired them out? :)

i have made them out of 3mm thick steel before and didn't have any problems.
they aren't under any load, they just space the shock further from the factory mount

They look about as thick as the original mount.. Exept made from the weakest sh** alloy, mabey aluminuimm I'm not 100% on that one, that's exactly what I said to my brother before I put it on my bike.. Guess I'll have to be the guine pig for this one ay fellas :car: will hit some jumps tomorow, today is bike washing day :lol:

Gose fine over 1m jumps I will go back today and hit it n 4th see how it handles 2m it's a 10 ft drop off a flat then 10ft rise onto a flat. So it's pretty hard to get any air at all unless I am gunnin it in high gear :) I've had eBay shocks literally blow out over 2m jumps so if it handles a few they pass in my books, this is a good shock with the eBay extender.. So could be just as scetchy

Bent it pretty good but it's still in one piece :) will test over bigger jumps when my bros bike is going so he can ride home and get the ute if it snaps haha

^^ do you mean get the ambulance, they might need to remove a shock from your backside !!

flat landing a 2 metre high jump/drop off isn't the best idea either !

Yea, 2 metres, no way! I have witnessed shock mounts on chinese bikes go, and its not pretty.

That's like just over 6 foot isn't it? Yea I've had em blow out over 2m before and I was fine Just bottoms out and dose a big slide like a runing animal thats just been shot haha One time a shock went just cruising along at about50ks witch was very strange haha and did the sae thing,plus.. there are no ambulances where I live :lol: how come? If there was a landing there I wouldn't exactly be jumping 2m would I? I'm not trying to kil myself. I'm just trying to test a product/eBay item because no one replied saying they have tested them and the item has failed :) do you mean extenders or original mounts blender? Couldn't imagine the original ones goin anywhere.. At least not on a pitpro

Last edited:
Wouldn't 2m with a landing be the same as 2 without one? If u had a spot where you could do a 2m jump, then went and put a landing there.. Wouldn't that make it not 2m?

It bent at two, I went back yesterday by myself cuz I got impatient haha did about 4 or 5 jumps.. And it just bent a little bit more, just going to get one made from quality steel

Last edited:
Took it over a difrent jump got a easy 2m, did two of those and showed sings of snapping.. Started heading home, went te
Rough a fence at about 70ks and wiped the fence out, wich is what broke the shock mount. So all up- cr** product -.-

Latest posts

Back