eichkays 150 daytona DAX

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eichkay

Reaction score
The history of the build was on MG,

Here are a bunch of photos of the build and how it went down..

Starting point..
CT70front.jpg

wheeloff.jpg

forks.jpg

front-end.jpg

motorless.jpg

motorin.jpg

part-haul.jpg

carbi-pe28-front.jpg

cooler-installed.jpg

fuel-tap.jpg

Last edited:
Between this bike and Les's dax's they are the reason i'm keeping my Dax to slowly add decent bits to it. Love it man, i reckon it looks fantastic

This is such a tops bike! Calendar Bike for sure! (if there is a MGMC for next year)

got some info on those fork legs mate?
do they bolt straight up? can you use stock headlight mounts?
use stock clamps?

any info would be great!!!

got some info on those fork legs mate?
do they bolt straight up? can you use stock headlight mounts?
use stock clamps?

any info would be great!!!

These forks are from the 91-94 CT70.. You can use the same bottom clamp and possbily the same top..

Ive used a the 91-94 top tree aswell because i wanted the bmx style bar setup, the 91-94 top tree has a skinner plate where the forks bolt up than the 74 top plate.

the 91-94 has a different setup for mounting the head light and idicators I personally went with Kitaco head light ears.

I can look the part numbers up for you if required, I brought these forks 4 or 5 years ago now... not sure how easy they would be to find now I had to get them from honda japan back then, you might find the CRF70 forks are very much the same might be worth a look.

cheers for the reply mate,
got the part number of the boxes and they seem pretty hard to find these days,
i want to keep my dax in nearly original condition,
my fork legs are tarnished, gotta see if bead blasting them helps clean them up a little
cheers again,
btw your dax looks amazing... love the black hub/chrome rim combo

I love this bike, especially having seen it close up!
Looking forward to doing the ride around the river on the 25th of this month.

cheers for the reply mate,
got the part number of the boxes and they seem pretty hard to find these days,
i want to keep my dax in nearly original condition,
my fork legs are tarnished, gotta see if bead blasting them helps clean them up a little
cheers again,
btw your dax looks amazing... love the black hub/chrome rim combo

I have older ct110 forks for my ct70, they look the same but are an inch longer(you can trim the springs down if required but the difference is not really noticable when mounted) I had to open up the bottom clamp holes with a tungsten carbide burr(took less than 5 mins) as the fork legs are 1mm bigger. The best part is you can find ct110 forks at every wrecker, and should be cheap.

stevescamera095.jpg

Top fork is original ct70, bottom ct110. Sorry for the thread hijack eichkay

Love the untouched frame , and everything else shiny as ****! love it!

The old frame has so much character , I love it and thats why I went this way with the build.. i think about 25% of peeps want it freshly painted the other 75% believe its perfect this way.

I took it for a good long ride on the weekend put a couple hours on it cruising around the suburbs and then onto inner city to visit a couple mates at work the poor sucka's .. That shake down run found a couple of minor build clearance issues which Ive sorted now.

Bring on our WA ride later in the month..

Motors slowly clocking up the k's currently at 380 and its freeing up well winding out just past 100 with the current gearing 17/35

Ive also found that if the key switch body has a poor ground the lights do funny things and all light up.

Can't wait to see this thing in the flesh. Great job. Are you doing mono's on it?

Can't wait to see this thing in the flesh. Great job. Are you doing mono's on it?

Haven't been game enough to try as the motor is rather violent, its lifting the wheel very easy at the lights... Ive got another bike for wheelies and I try to keep it that way, wouldnt want to drop this baby.

Haven't been game enough to try as the motor is rather violent, its lifting the wheel very easy at the lights... Ive got another bike for wheelies and I try to keep it that way, wouldnt want to drop this baby.

ChickenVsPussy.gif

Latest posts

Back