Electric pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just build a hybrid, you get the noise of a petrol engine and the great torque and response of an electric engine. Faster than everyone!

Not any time soon... Hybrids are a slow and inefficient method of "green" power. It has been shown than the majority of hybrid cars are actually worse for the environment than a regular small engined car due to manufacturing methods required to produce the batteries etc.

Putting this aside, I'm waiting for hydrogen cars to get some realistic investment. The sooner the car industry realises that hybrids are a joke and moves on the better IMO. Once the cars get the development, bikes will follow suit :)

Aside from the noise factor one of the major complaints petrol engines receive is "being green" (hence why the 2s bikes are dwindling)... Electric bikes are far from green due to the manufacturing/disposal of batteries coupled with the fact that the majority of Australian electricity comes from coal burning power plants. Hydrogen burning motors output water as a "waste" product :p

Anyway, I'm gonna stop weighing into this argument, there are certainly advantages to electric motorcycles, I just can't see any worth outlaying $1,350 for the China model...

Thump - Almost forgot about ya mate... Zero aren't the only ones doing the 24h races for electric bikes. There was recently a road bike event held that was open to all makes. You can hunt out the info on The Kneeslider — Motorcycle News for Positive People. It's one of my favorite sites for motorbike info/news :D

This isn't a bad read either :)

Last edited:
so, if there was to be electric bikes cheap and easily accessible on the market, will it be like a electric scooter? ride on the foot paths and shit like ya can do with them lil things?

my limited knowledge tells me no, i think theres a speed limit for things like this? (unfortunately) but if i'm wrong (i hope) i wouldn't mind one to muck around on lol

it probly looks like im answering my own question, but im actuly trying to ask it lol

25kph limit for unregistered powered vehicles on the road and they obey the same laws as a bicycle. You shouldn't be riding on the footpath unless you are on a mobility scooter or under 12... :)

so, if there was to be electric bikes cheap and easily accessible on the market, will it be like a electric scooter? ride on the foot paths and shit like ya can do with them lil things?

my limited knowledge tells me no, i think theres a speed limit for things like this? (unfortunately) but if i'm wrong (i hope) i wouldn't mind one to muck around on lol

it probly looks like im answering my own question, but im actuly trying to ask it lol

at this stage matt it will be crf50 style and about the sie of a 110. we should be able to ride them in the state forest which would be good for us on the goldy.:)

ktm is bringing out a electric big bike it looks awesome it was in the new dirt action mag there was a big article about electric bikes .

those zero mx bikes are cool, but super ugly....i reckon it would be fun to squirt around on, but give me cc's anyday

Good point dabomb, I forgot there are power restrictions along with speed restrictions :)

KTM electric: KTM reveals race-ready electric motorcycle, production within 2 years - Hell For Leather

That's an old article so if KTM are on schedule we should be seeing this thing at the end of the year! :D

Ktm's version is better. $40mins use under "race conditions" with a recharge time of only 1 hour

KTM reveals race-ready electric motorcycle, production within 2 years - Hell For Leather

Lol keep up krazed :p

29 lb/ft. More torque than a 250f
198 lbs. Lighter than a 250f

interesting facts there.

in vegas over the weekend the electric bikes smoked crf150r's in the mini sx.

dont get too excited yet as i just want to know your thoughts.who would be interested in an electric pit bike. 10" wheels, disc brake front. A style swingarm. you could ride them in your yard and no one will complain as they dont make any noise. i dont know a lot of details yet but they will be around $1350.

Is this the bike your referring to?

Ebike3.jpg

6_20100512010523_8DsQI.jpg

Ebike2.jpg

Ebike1.jpg

• Motor: 1000W Brushless Hub motor
  • Battery: 48V 20AH, Lead Acid Battery
  • Input Voltage: 48V
  • Speed (Km/h): 45Km/h
  • Continues Time: One more hour
  • Charge Time: 5 ~ 8H, Dedicated smart Charger
  • Colour: Black Crf50 style Plastic
  • Frame: Crf50 style Chromo Encircling single tube frame with crandle; 3 point suspend; Chromoly Removable subframe with steel engine plate
  • Seat: Flat Seat
  • Swingarm: Trianlge Aluminum alloy swingarm, T6 heated
  • Throttle: Race quality Pit Bike throttle roller assy
  • levers: Forged aluminum alloy brake and clutch lever
  • Handle bar: Chromo handle bar
  • Footpegs: Steel footpegs
  • Brake Pedal: Over-the-top Chromoly brake pedal
  • Grips: Softer Grey Grips
  • Fuel Cap: Plastic fuel cap with Air vent
  • Front Brake: Front Disk brake, 190mm brake disk, Single Bigger Piston Caliper
  • Rear brake: Drum brake
  • Front Suspension: Quality Conventional fork 660mm
  • Clamps & Mounts: Forged alloy Clamps and mounts
  • Rear Suspension: Quality adjust compression rear shock with 250lbs
  • Front Tire: Motard Tire 10
  • Front wheel: 2.50*10 Quality Steel rim with Alu alloy hub with 32pcs spokes
  • Rear Tire: Motard Tire 10
  • Rear wheel: 2.50*10 Quality Steel rim with Alu alloy hub with 32pcs spokes

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back