engine bogging?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prater999

Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering what the main reason an engine would bog 4?

if i'm crusing round and suddenly give it some gas in first or second it will bog, i nearly fuked myself going over a jump b4 when it suddenly bogged on me :(

help! lol thanx :)

it happened to me and the floats went high enough so the fuel wouldnt get through fast enough!
just bend the thingy that holds the floats a fraction up then refit try it and if it still happens just take off repeat till its perfect!!
we had 2 do that with my bike and it hassent bogged down since :D
oh exept when your going flat strap in fourth for a while then it suddenly boggs down and dies but then i just gotta choke on kick it and broom broom time again!:D

just try adjusting the air mixture screw by 1/2 a turn at a time and se how it goes.

it happened to me and the floats went high enough so the fuel wouldnt get through fast enough!
just bend the thingy that holds the floats a fraction up then refit try it and if it still happens just take off repeat till its perfect!!
we had 2 do that with my bike and it hassent bogged down since :D
oh exept when your going flat strap in fourth for a while then it suddenly boggs down and dies but then i just gotta choke on kick it and broom broom time again!:D

haha thanx i'll try it and the air mixture screw

sorry for the bump

sorry to bump an old thread but, im having the same problem,

bit of history:
previously the bike wouldn't be able to idle without stalling, from the help of threads on here i fixed that problem, (learnt how to clean the carby) and adjust the air mixture screw. after fiddling for a bit i think i have it running pretty well.
i think the venturi screw?? i wound all the way in then the 1.5 turns out, and the air mixture screw i played around with until i found a nice setting. it now starts quite easily and once warmed up will sit idling away quite nicely.
so that was the stalling problem fixed. (thanks MR)

but im still finding that if i go from no throttle to WOT or even maybe 3/4 open it bogs outs nearly throwing me over the handle bars everytime, but it doesnt do this when i all ready have a few revs up, like if i go from 1/4 throttle to WOT.

if i go easy on the throttle its fine it only happens if i accelerate hard.

what do you suggest i adjust?

sorry to be a noob but i dont understand what atomik boy was saying about the floats above^^^what are the affects of changing the floats up or down?

oh and the bike used to do the same as atomik boys as in, if u go flat strap in 4th for awhile as soon as you let off then give it some again it would die?
i dont know if its still doing this, i only ever noticed it while riding on the road WHICH I DONT DO ANYMORE :)
i put it down to the bike overheating??

thanks guys. :D

Latest posts

Back