engine finished?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam93

VIC MR Ride Day Organiser
Reaction score
My bike wouldnt start on the weekend the carbie was playing games with me, so i fixed it and tryed to start and it wouldnt so i started unscrewing the plug and snap it broke in half :( so half of its inside the engine and i cant get it out. Is my engine toast?

:(

get a photo up to see how much is poking out, you could take the head off and also try unscrew it that way . few options before its toast

u should be able to grab it with pliers or drill a hole so u can get some grip,
otherwise just pull the head off and unscrew it from the inside, should get plenty grip from the other side

yep, id advise to pull the head off.
drilling a hole in it will more than likely cause the porcelain to break off in to the bore and not to mention the metal filings from drilling

Pictures

Its weird just the thread and the spark arm is left on it (the arm that the spark earths to) dunno what its called so its just the thread and the arm. :S i cbf taking off the whole head first ill try to make a notch in it with a flat head screw driver but if the metal is to dense ill take it off and give a go at some of the suggestions...

Was just so weird like it didnt even hhave that much pressure on it...

Ill get pics up when im at dads some reason photobucket doesnt want to work on my computer

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2171-1.jpg

How would i screw it out? with the spark arm with needle nose or something? or just jam a flat had screw driver next to the arm?

Sparkplug is out, Got a small flat head screw driver and put it in just twisted it 2 turns then put my finger on it to finish the job. was very easy i dont understand why the plug snapped their was no force on it. it must have been remvoing it the first time because it was super tight from factory. and good to see it was a clean break (no metal and crap in my head)

Latest posts

Back