engine oil for loncin engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corbin

Reaction score
wot oil should i use for my loncin 300cc aircoold quad i no it aint a mini bike i just thought since i use teh forum ii mite aswell ask
cheers thanks

in the manual it says it can take 5w30 10w30 20w40 but can only find 10w30 will this do i live in perth by the way?

Loncin oil

Probably a bit late with a reply, but, the manual for the Loncin 125 says use 20W-50W in warmer climates. Perth would qualify.
The 10W is only suitable for cold climates Tassie etc.
Suggest use a Castrol synthetic oil, do not use a vegetable oil, the motor will love it until it flies to bits.

Simple, Just use Shell Rimula-X 15w40 diesel oil in your quad and also every 4 stroke racing bike, car, truck, outboard, bull dozer, mower etc that you own. Seriously. In Perth or Sydney typical air temps you wont go wrong with this oil. It is cheap at $60 for 10L, and it is so much too good for your quad you can sleep easy.

You can think of the 15W as the thickness when the oil is cold. The 40 is for when the oil is up to normal engine temp. Unless you get below 10C often you can pretty much forget about the number before the W. Except if you don't change your oil often enough, then it can/will break down to the viscosity of the number before the W! The number after the W you match to your typical air temps and the type of engine. Typically 40 or 50. 30 is mostly a joke IMHO.

Latest posts

Back