engine replacement??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdZ50

Reaction score
i just got the bad news that it will cost $300 to repair the lil puppy on my 83 z and was considering doing a complete change over.
any one no wat new crf70 engines are worth these days??
also open to ideas if youve got any.

cheers

new crf70 engine from dealers are around $700,

whats wrong with yours?

even a secondhand crf50 engine (when you can find one) are $300-600,

dont put a china in it please lol

Ive got a china 125 in mine, cant see a prob with using them cause you can always bolt a honda engine back in later

the kick start on it jams up and the bloke from the shop reckons its a crank problem and ill be looking at 300...
i might take it apart and have a look myself i just dont wanna fork out more then what i paid for it to get it fixed.
im not going to fuck around with chinise shit thats y i was looking for a crf70 engine. even a 50 would be great i just wanna get it back on the road i miss it...

hmm iv got a ducar 125 sitting around in need of a good home and am thinking of bolting it into my J.. but wondering before hand how far of the mounts are and what the clearance of the front wheel to the head will be..

Does anyone who has bone the swap(or similar using a ducar 125 and a jap Z frame) have the cad or scaled template for a engine mount?? Looking at you custom... :D

The engine will bolt straight in with the same clearences as the Honda motor
The only time you will have to make modifications is putting a pitty engine into a CT90/110 as they have the "big block" 80deg single

Just one side note on the conversion.. You may have to find a manifold that will bring the carby along way off the centerline as they just will not fit, atleast on the manifold i had. PM or IM me if you want any details or pics but it really is a straight swap

Latest posts

Back