Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave.B

Reaction score
has anyone experimented with extending there swingarm to fit a larger rear wheel say 18inch or so, or if any swingarms will fit the pit bike frame. I know its not classed as a mini but my bike is a 17/14 anyhow so doesnt matter, sick of the cheap replacements and would rather just buy some decent rims instead, if not any suggestions?

You can buy good quality brand name rims in a 17/14 combo. Has anyone tried putting some genuine cr80 wheels or similar on a pitty?

i cant find crap when googling, local motorbike shop would stock them? aswell as tyres?
still with extended frame any idea? would like to sit a little higher, even 17/17 would be tight, but only an inch clearence with the current swingarm

17/14 is what is on most 2 stroke 80/85cc bikes and also on bikes like the crf150 and klx140. All good bike shops would have those size tyres in stock.

nice, cheers, also with these klx copy kits the genuine 110klx kit would fit wouldnt it?

cant see the vid, stupid prepaid broadband is slow as
all i need to do is extend it about 3 or 4 inch so i can fit a bigger rim, although its gotta be good enough to cop a beaten, i was thinking of taking it somewhere to get it welded but would look cheap with the extension, might just leave it unless it was easily do able, maybe just buy a longer shock to prop it up a little

If you run a longer swingarm , you'll also need a stronger rear shock spring to compensate for the additional leverage plus a longer chain ... A lengthened alloy swingarm would need to be diamond gussetted then heat treated after welding ... Take good note of that goon "engineer" who cut and shut the alloy keel and mast on the Yacht that sunk when they both snapped ... killing 3 or 4 people ... The fool is now getting sued shirtless ... I burst out laughing but was also struck with disbelief when they showed pics of the parts ... absolutely ZERO gussets or even a backing plate inside the joined parts ... They were just butted and welded ... That guy must have gotten his "engineers" degree by sending coupons cut from Cornflakes packs in to Wanker University ...

BTW ... I think you'll quickly change your tune about using CRF or CR alloy rimmed wheels once you get over the shock of the price the bike shops will quote you ... They's 'aint cheap by no means dude !!! ...

BTW ... I think you'll quickly change your tune about using CRF or CR alloy rimmed wheels once you get over the shock of the price the bike shops will quote you ... They's 'aint cheap by no means dude !!! ...

Well I never said they were cheap :p although I have picked up some good 2nd hand cr80 rims in the past for a great price. I wouldnt know what the wreckers are charging these days for 2nd hand rims though.

holy-thread-revival-batman.jpg

yeah, this thread hasn't had a post for almost 5 years...

you might be able to fit the bigger wheels into you existing bike ?
how much room is there in front of you back wheel/tyre now to the swingarm, with the wheel adjusted fully forward ?

Latest posts

Back