Extremly low idleing problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dime_megga

Reaction score
Hi all, i myself am not too good @ carbie's

i know the basics.. cleaning tuning (ect)

now, all of a sudden, my 110cc has extremely low idle, i have turned the screw all the way up and still after a few secons, it stalls, when hot it idles for a tiny bit longer then normall

i have checked all the seals on the manifold leading into the carbie, (making sure no air is leaking, but still.. low idle, i have pulled the whole carbie apart, cleaned out all the jets, taken all the screws out, gone over it with an air compressor, put it back together, but still having the same problems..

it doesnt stall or anything like that then riding, its just the idleing, and its really starting to pisse me the F*$K off, i have a snapped muffler (wich is held back on with wire) but i really dont see that being the problem,

and as i was saying, im no the best hammer holdder out there, so unfortunetly, i cannot tell you the size of the jets or anything like that, but i do know its all stock 110cc parts, (38mm MAYBE!! :confused::confused: )

also yes, i have cleaned the air filter..

and i have even started the bike inside with no air filter and still idols bad, even worse..

(4 stroke)

cheers -Corey

P.S ANY!!!! advice will be put inito practice, i am willing toi try anything, so even if you tell me to do somthing ive allready done, ill do it again ;):p

i could be wrong, i usually am:p

check the valve clearances.

it starts, but you gotta turn the idle right up? then when its hot it sorta comes good?

pop at all when you are starting it? doesnt like running for a few minutes?

meh. quick and easy, take off the rocker covers, turn it over slowly, till its on tdc(compression stroke, not exhaust stroke)...or look at the mark on the flywheel... then try giving the rockers a wriggle. if they move a little, leave em alone, its something else...
no movement? go do a search on valve clearance...right click, open tab:)

this is up down movement, not side to side by the way:)

Yep ... sounds like valves ... He could also try resetting the fuel/mixture screw and checking the float level ... but bugger explaining how to do all that in type ... AGAIN ...

what i do when i have a problem i cant fix

i click on Cactus Jacks Name and go to find all post's ,i bet ol jacks already seen this posted and fixed it ,guy's a guru

BTW G'Day jack

i could be wrong, i usually am

check the valve clearances.

it starts, but you gotta turn the idle right up? then when its hot it sorta comes good?

pop at all when you are starting it? doesnt like running for a few minutes?

meh. quick and easy, take off the rocker covers, turn it over slowly, till its on tdc(compression stroke, not exhaust stroke)...or look at the mark on the flywheel... then try giving the rockers a wriggle. if they move a little, leave em alone, its something else...
no movement? go do a search on valve clearance...right click, open tab

this is up down movement, not side to side by the way

rocket covers, is that the little plate up the verry top of the motor :confused::confused::confused::confused:

yep:) either, depending on the engine, has a 17mm nut, or two 8mm bolts.... not the single plate held on by four nuts...

theres one on top, and one underneath... at a bit of an angle...

actual clearance should be about 0.004(imperial), or 0.1mm to 0.12mm.... about two sheets of paper...

fukk guys, thx heaps for all the replys ;)

fukk ay, what i wish i was still on a 49cc like the old days, the only thing that ever went wrong was a carbie, or a spark plug evry now and again... :(

Latest posts

Back