Fastace 800lbs spring

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter1230

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just bought a fastace 800lbs spring for my DNM shock on my Dhz K1.
(DNM 800's are out of stock for a while so i just went fastace)

I feel already that the shock is actually working - im 70kg.
Now the clickers on the shock actually do something.
1000lbs is wayyy over kill for pit bikes in my opinion.

Would recommend it to all you light weights like myself

Hey Peter,

I have the same problem and also just ordered the 800lbs Fastace spring to replace the stiff 1000lbs on the DNM shock. Up until now I've only found info on making shocks stiffer, not softer. So I'm glad to hear the 800lbs actually works now with the shock settings. I'm just under 70kg too, so found the stiffer spring to be overkill. I'm looking forward to getting my rear suspension finally sorted!

Cheers ;)

1000 pound spring is to much for a light weight person, ive ran 3x 1000pound springs and i have found they are all a bit to much...next build ill go for a 800lb see how that turns out...i only weigh 72kg's

depends on what your bike weighs
i have a prox bigfoot and it weighs a ton, it would be better with 1200lbs spring

i have a prox bigfoot and it weighs a ton

A ton eh?! that's a bit heavy for a pit bike, LOL

I have an MSO SR140, not sure how much the bike actually weighs but with the 1000lbs spring there is about 1.5cm of static sag & 4-5cm rider sag ie not enough

Please explain i dont know these terms :p whats static sag and riders sag? riders sag im making a guess and saying that how much movement their is when riding?

Ok ,um, I'll do my best to explain!

Static sag is measured when the bike is taking its own weight (ie on the ground, not on a bike stand) Check how much the rear suspension 'sags' by lifting the bike slightly so it takes the weight off the spring (but not so much you have the rear wheel off the ground) Get a tape measure & find a reference point (I use the plastic tail guard) then measure the length from the ground to this ref point (you might need a friend to help by holding the bike up/straight, if the bike leans either way you'll get an inaccurate measurement) Then let the bike down so it rests on its own weight (you should feel the bike droop as the suspension takes it up) Measure again using same ref point, (again make sure the bike is sitting straight) This measurement should be 3cm or so in difference to the first (when you were taking the bike's weight)

Rider sag is when you sit your full weight on the bike & measure the distance between the ground & same ref point on the bike. Note this distance & deduct from your static sag measurement: This is now your rider sag (which should be around 6-7cm)

Does that make sense? It would be easier if I drew a diagram, LOL

Or google static sag / ride height

This thread is a good help:http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/17638-rear-suspension-adjustments.html

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for that Muddymini i get it :)

I really need to get a softer shock my bike has no static sag lmao! and yes it is a rear shock just stiff as hell!

Yeah i should be getting lighter but cbf right now, it rides and its fun :p mabey once i finish the new motard i want he he he

35kgs?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? as if? my little bro is 7 and is built he wights like 29 something.

Latest posts

Back