FastAce AS02 service specs... oil/psi etc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DvDRip

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
hey guys I'm rebuilding a set of as-02's and looking for some info about how much oil and what weight and min/max psi for them?
so far I've found this:
Some Recommendations...

1) One racer said :

Standard amount of oil:

150ml / 5 oz in right leg - the one with red knob

125ml / 4.2 oz oil in the left leg - the one with blue knob

Some Recommended air pressure:

Rider weight 95kg / 210lb - Left leg 150 psi / 10.3 bar - Right Leg 70-80 psi / 5.2 bar.

Rider weight 65kg / 145lb - Left leg 100 psi / 6.9bar - Right Leg 40-45 psi / 3.1 bar.

I would use 5 to 10 oil, and to get the air in you use a special pump.

2) And another racer said:

You Need A Minimum Of 75 lbs In Each Fork For Them To Work Properly .
Some people were asking about the oil weight on these Fast Ace forks. On the first generation I recommend a 7.5 weight oil, on the 2nd generation forks I recommend a 15 or 20wt. in the rebound side, and 10 in the compression side.

but these forks are for a 39kg rider lol, so anyone know the minimum weight oil I can use and is there any max/min specs for oil and psi other that hearsay?

good guide for servicing as-02's
themountain

2. Release the air pressure and remove the valve using a 9mm long socket.
3. Remove the little grub screw that secures the lower fork to the sanction.
4. Remove the top adjuster and undo the top fork cap.
5. Place the lower part of the fork in a vice and undo the fork sanction so the lower part of the fork in removed. If you look inside you can see a cap with an allen key bolt with two little holes either side (this is the oil cap)
6. Undo the allen key bolt on the oil cap and drain the oil.
7. Remove the top fork cap and remove the springs and give them a good clean.
8. Pull the outer fork leg off so that the outer and inner fork sanctions are separate, clean inside of the outer leg and regrease the fork seal and dust seal.
9. Remove that oil cap from within the inner sanction and clean the inner sanction at both the upper and lower parts.
10. I then put the oil back in, I put 150ml into the left leg (blue cap) and I filled the right leg right up (about 175ml).
11. place the oil cap back in with the allen key bolt still removed and pump the legs a good few time to remove any air (more so with the rebound leg).
12. Place the allen key bolt back in and tighten up, drain off any extra oil and clean the air chamber.
13. install the outer fork leg back onto the inner fork leg and then place the bottom of the fork back on, put the grub screw back in and also the pressure valve.
14. pump up the air pressure, I have been running left (blue) 110psi and right (red) 60psi.
15. place loads of grease on the springs and reinstall.
16. place the top cap back on and complete by installing the adjuster cap.
17. stick them back in your bike and feel the difference.

Last edited:
um the lowest weight fork oil i have SEEN is 5w

dunno wether thats any help

but i do remember there were videos floating around here on videos of stripping these forks down

yea mate I know the vids n what oils available but I don't wanna go n put 5w in if it ain't right for these forks

just want something solid on oil quantity and minimum weight i can use.... I've found PSI specs in the fastace manual

mate i'd go with 5wt oil, 150ml in rebound leg, 140ml in Compression leg.
try that, and go from there.
40kg is only a little bloke..

any know how much the pump thingy is for suspension? or how much a bike shop would charge a pop for airing them?

any know how much the pump thingy is for suspension? or how much a bike shop would charge a pop for airing them?

Its about 30$ and unfortunately you can´t use MTB pumps like the one from Specialized:mad:...it works fine on all other forks , but not on the Fastace:cool:

BTW: I tried this fluid SMART Performance Inc. www.smartperformanceinc.com
Its a bit expensive but all worth it;)...give Dave at Smart a ring ...he will hook you up

mountain is there any reason other pumps won't work? $30 turns into $60 when u live in aus :mad:
plus 2 week wait on shipping.....

I don´t know...ask around and try other pumps, maybe you get lucky.;)...the problem here was with the valves ...they do not screw up tight to the pumps I tried...maybe you got more luck or they changed it already

Last edited:
ahk so a MTB shop let me air the forks for nuthin :)
will see how good they are on the weekend

for anyone else looking to service a set of as-02's this might help.... sounds tricky but actually is easy as, easier than a set of zocchies
themountain

2. Release the air pressure and remove the valve using a 9mm long socket.
3. Remove the little grub screw that secures the lower fork to the sanction.
4. Remove the top adjuster and undo the top fork cap.
5. Place the lower part of the fork in a vice and undo the fork sanction so the lower part of the fork in removed. If you look inside you can see a cap with an allen key bolt with two little holes either side (this is the oil cap)
6. Undo the allen key bolt on the oil cap and drain the oil.
7. Remove the top fork cap and remove the springs and give them a good clean.
8. Pull the outer fork leg off so that the outer and inner fork sanctions are separate, clean inside of the outer leg and regrease the fork seal and dust seal.
9. Remove that oil cap from within the inner sanction and clean the inner sanction at both the upper and lower parts.
10. I then put the oil back in, I put 150ml into the left leg (blue cap) and I filled the right leg right up (about 175ml).
11. place the oil cap back in with the allen key bolt still removed and pump the legs a good few time to remove any air (more so with the rebound leg).
12. Place the allen key bolt back in and tighten up, drain off any extra oil and clean the air chamber.
13. install the outer fork leg back onto the inner fork leg and then place the bottom of the fork back on, put the grub screw back in and also the pressure valve.
14. pump up the air pressure, I have been running left (blue) 110psi and right (red) 60psi.
15. place loads of grease on the springs and reinstall.
16. place the top cap back on and complete by installing the adjuster cap.
17. stick them back in your bike and feel the difference.

hey dvd you should combine your last post with the first post and see if ya can get this made into a sticky for the tuts section..

im sure theres heaps of ppl tht would like to see this info, everyone i know usually just buys new forks cause they have no info on them..

yea good idea sean, I had to search for ages to get a decent bit of service info for these, everyone always says "go watch the vids on youtube" but the vids are for as01 and the oil piston thingy is different, plus no specs....
plus the vid makes it look so hard but it's really easy as long as the seals don't need replacing

Latest posts

Back