Favorite Game

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Platform Do You Prefer

• PC

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Old Gen

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Don't Play Games

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

foolsp33d

Reaction score
PS3, 360, Wii

Just wondering if anyone on the forum has a 'gaming console'?

just got me a PS3 :D RAPT, blown away by the look, the weight, how it performs, games are incredable. kudos to Sony! GT5 HD looks absolutely FANTASTIC!! yet to get a blueray disc but come the weekend.. will let you know my thoughts!

what experiances have others had?

I have a PS3 and i don't know what kind of TV your using it on but let me just say a sony 40inch LCD HD TV is the way to go it looks gorgeous.

I have an x box 360 and a wii the graphics on the x box are awesome if you put it on a hd tv its so clear looks realistic, the wii's graphics suck, i am also going to buy a ps3 soon.

stumbows, are you running hdmi cables or standard av cables? hdmi are sooo expensive! but well worth it huh..

Tv is a LG LCD.. i dunno the actuall SIZE of it, but decent size :) certainly big enough!

we have a pioneer plasma hd looks sweet with the x box on that with just the standered x box cables.

lol i have no time for consoles
i go out and ride or im on here lol

Video games are a waste of money if you ask me. :D I need to poor all my money into my bike.

I just have my PC.

and with you constant posting i guess you don't ride much hey?

foolsp33d i am using component you know the green red and blue for video then digital for sound.

The component offers similar image quality for 25% of the cost.

Well i see there are a few PC dudes here too.

I have to say that i have a pretty good gaming computer as well but they advantage with consoles is that you just put the game in and play, no need to worry about installation or corruption of files causing lost game time.

And don't forget like the PS3 you are getting 3k worth of hardware for 1k.

PC or Console.

OK guys foolsp33d has made an interesting thread about his new PS3 and asked if anyone else has a console and I noticed that a few people have said they would rather play PC.

So this is a thread (poll) where you can have you say about what you would rather play and maybe add why you think that platform is better and post up some specs about your PC including mods (case or hardware)

So let me kick it off by saying at heart i prefer consoles having owned at the TV type playstations and an xbox.

But i do have a pretty alright gaming PC.

Specs:

AMD 5500+ X2 Dual Core
4GB DDR2 800mhz PC6000 RAM
4x 250GB SATA2 in Raid 0
GeForce 8600GT Sli
Thermaltake Matrix super cool case
4x 120mm Super quite fans
No mods as of yet

And that's the main stuff... So lets get posting and voting.

i dont really play games but if its a miserable day where its raining and theres nuthin to do i whip out the ps2 and fire up gta san andreas

haha GTA San andreas 4 lyfe ahah im a mix of both, but the current comp we got aint too good for games LOL

iv got one of the origional x-box's and thats good enough for me, i only play it mainly at night when theres nothing else to do!

as if anyone can afford $1000 for a ps3, aswell as all the masive plasmas and stuff, i wish i had that much cash!!

well, obviously the ps3 has my vote for now... till i grow sick of it... dang, i mean i can browse the web, copy my SD cards, watch dvds+blueray, play games. in all the PS3 is rockin.. but i can see where it does lack..

Things like MYOB(dont worrie kids), spreadsheets, PDF's etc, are better viewed and managed using the PC. same goes for editing movies, music, etc.. the techy stuff..

Travel wise, the PC kills it, take pics on digi cam-upload to compy,clear SD card, plot GPS courses-send to GPS, send recieve emails browse the web, la de dum.....and still be able to play the odd game here and there!
If they ever(and I doubt they will) release GT on Pc then i WILL go out and spend my hard earned on a machine with the ducks nuts and the bees knees, but untill then...

thank you sony!:D

pc is pretty basic, lenovo centrino duo, 1 gig ram,dvd writer, 80?gig hd. wireless, blah blah blah.. (is about all i really know)

PS3 is 60gig, blueray/dvd, SD slots, wireless, dosnt run windows!(YAY!!)

as if anyone can afford $1000 for a ps3, aswell as all the masive plasmas and stuff, i wish i had that much cash!!

yeh me to :( lol.. some one buy my bike! lol.. I GOT DEBTS!

commodore 64 still sitten on the computer desk at mum and dads

but i'll have a hack at all consoles

fave games duck hunt original nes
grand torismo ps2

hehehe duck hunt was a rippa!!! did u get the NES with the gun n robot to!?? never had a commo 64.. had a dicky smith tape player compy in about 1986.... lol, i recall when my neighbour got his 8088 with CGA graphics card and PC speaker!! then i out did him and got a 22 meg HD with a meg of ram, EGA screen(which got given to him, and i upgraded to the VGA!) police quest and space quest 2 never looked so good! lol

one for modee:YouTube - Australian Commodore 64 Commercial (1983)

Sings: "Are you keeping up with the commodore....coz the commodore is keeping up with you!!!"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back