Few issues i need a little help with

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicknackzz13

Reaction score
Hey yall, got some new jets today, put them in after i rode my bike for a few hours just messing around as i was getting injections and all this other **** so i wasnt riding for awhile!!! anywho! lol..

i put the new jet in, the new jets are #20 the old ones are #15 look the same to me to be honest, i dont see any difference in the jet anyways,

ever since i put the jets in, you know the gasket that is on the bowl/carb? thats inbetween the two? (unsure of name if so a name for this would be good as i may need a new one) its a rubber type carb bowl gasket, it started to leak when i put it on so i took the carb off and tightened it now no fuel seems to be going into the carb?? what could be wrong there??

..Also anyone know the name of the on/off fuel switch gaskets?? may need a new one for there too..

just a random question, anyone ever put a 250f or 150f rear silencer on there pit bike?? :banana:

thanks yall!

When you take the fuel bowl off, always dry the rubber gasket asap.
When fuel soaks into the gasket they can expand a little and go out of shape.

With no fuel, have you undone the drain screw on the bottom of the bowl to double check ?
The float, or needle and seat might be stuck?
Try tapping on the fuel bowl with the handle of a screwdriver.
If that doesn't work, you may need to remove the carby and bowl, and try refitting it.
Turn the carby upside down and listen for the float moving inside.
Also be careful not to bend the tabs that locate the float, that can change the fuel level etc

The new pilot jet will look the same, but the tiny hole through the centre of the jet with be a touch bigger, about .5mm

New fuel taps are pretty cheap, and are easier to find than just a gasket.

When you take the fuel bowl off, always dry the rubber gasket asap.
When fuel soaks into the gasket they can expand a little and go out of shape.

With no fuel, have you undone the drain screw on the bottom of the bowl to double check ?
The float, or needle and seat might be stuck?
Try tapping on the fuel bowl with the handle of a screwdriver.
If that doesn't work, you may need to remove the carby and bowl, and try refitting it.
Turn the carby upside down and listen for the float moving inside.
Also be careful not to bend the tabs that locate the float, that can change the fuel level etc

The new pilot jet will look the same, but the tiny hole through the centre of the jet with be a touch bigger, about .5mm

New fuel taps are pretty cheap, and are easier to find than just a gasket.

Hey man, yeah took the carb off after a long ride, gave it clean and all when i had it off, replaced the jet and put it all back together again, put it on and the carb was leaking fuel non stop so i guess i didnt have the bowl tight enough on the carb, took back off, and tightened it a good bit more, and no fuel then was going in, unscrewed the bottom carb screw to see if gas would come out but nothing yes, then i tipped the bike over to see if any would come out the over fuel side and nothing still, gonna take it apart today again and fix the problem,

yeah dude the gasket in mine has little nicks in it and it looks bigger, wonder how you can shrink these again? lol if the carb bowl gasket ever were to break or fail on me, any good ideas on what i could use for a gasket in there? or should it just be time to get a new gasket?

thanks bud will post results on how it goes after i fiddle with carby

Well i got it fixed, not quite sure what the issue was though, just stripped bike down, took carby off, changed to another #20 jet put it in and put the gasket in easy and the bike ran 5mins later as i let the gas run through it..

So it runs alright now, actually started 2nd kick with no choke which is new, not sure if a bigger jet does that or not? but eh, running now with the new pilot jet, hopefully it runs better with this jet with no bog/better idle :D

thanks dude again for the info and help i appreciate it

Yeah swapping in the new #20 pilot jet really helps.
You'll notice it won't need 5 mins to warm up, and has better throttle response now

Don't forget to give it a tune too, the new jet will change will need the mixture screw setting adjusted (bit leaner)

Yeah swapping in the new #20 pilot jet really helps.
You'll notice it won't need 5 mins to warm up, and has better throttle response now

Don't forget to give it a tune too, the new jet will change will need the mixture screw setting adjusted (bit leaner)

i use to know this but i gotta make sure, leaner is in (tight) and rich is loose (unscrew) right? haha i have it at 1.5 turns out from in

Latest posts

Back