Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^bigger front sprocket or smaller rear than chops? i still have the standard rear sprocket, which is actually pretty small already from memory a 36 or 38 tooth but dont quote me, and a 17 tooth front.

Geez the one on my big wheels is a 46 or 48 or something and cause its 428 I think the biggest front sprocket that fits is a 15...so its something like 15-46ish...

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

you would be able to fit a 17T front stu,
it'll give you a faster top speed, but at the same time it wont pull as hard in the lower rpms

i would get a smaller rear sprocket, like a 42 tooth, and then have a selection of front sprockets, from 13 through to 16 tooth. that gives you all the options you need, and very simple to change your gearing quickly ;)

i would get a smaller rear sprocket, like a 42 tooth, and then have a selection of front sprockets, from 13 through to 16 tooth. that gives you all the options you need, and very simple to change your gearing quickly ;)

SA doesn't have that many places to ride mate, the bigwheel is the trail/enduro reliable bike remember...don't need to goto town on it!!

you would be able to fit a 17T front stu,
it'll give you a faster top speed, but at the same time it wont pull as hard in the lower rpms

I tried before going to Morgan...pretty sure the only one I had with the right size spline that would go was the 15 you lent me for the TDR a long while back!!

So you cant see to well but the sprocket on the back is bigger than the 190mm disk justuploadfromtaptalk1402670779537.jpg

yeah,
you also need to take the tyre height etc into account when you are trying to work out what gear ratio's you are running

yeah,
you also need to take the tyre height etc into account when you are trying to work out what gear ratio's you are running

I dont doubt it but its all that would fit for Morgan...to many things on its running perfect atm bar the rear shock needing a nylon bush thats hopefully a quick easy job. If Morgan in 2 weeks then it will be good to get with that done. Not touching anything else until back from Morgan :thumbup:

Who cares what ya friends think..
True that, but i really does matter since i want a bike to mess around with them.
I wouldn't want to ride with them if they talk **** on my bike.

But i guess you're right, the bike is for me not for them.

I get heaps of crap from mates about owning a chinese bike, I love seeing their faces when I fly past em! It is about the rider, not the bike.

Well I really think anyone that spends over $1000 for a bike to mess around on would be stupid to get a jap bike!! I couldn't afford to own one Jap bike but I can just afford two Chinese bikes!! Better than no bike :thumbup:

Going by your post's McDo your looking for someone to try and convince you to get a bike you truly don't want! Save a bit longer, wait a bit longer and get the bike you really want.

Latest posts

Back