Few Z50 Questions :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke20

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I haven't been back on this site for about 2 years after I sold all my pitbikes. But i'm back and currently looking for some info and advice on Z50's.

I really want a road legal Z50 but i'm not too sure if i'm actually aloud one. 1, because I am on my Green P's in QLD and 2, I dont have a motorbike licence. And yes before you ask I did do a quick search on the question's i'm about to ask. haha

My first question is:

Do I actually have to have a motorbike Licence to ride one? Because being 49cc they should be classed as a scooter yeah? or is it classed as a motorbike? I did ring QLD transport and ask them but the dumb F**ks couldn't give me an answer :/

And secondly, Am I aloud to ride one of these beasts on my QLD green P's? I've seen a few guys riding around on them, but none of them actually had P-plates on.

Sorry if I sound like such a noob. Haha. If I am legally aloud to ride one I would try and Find one that needs restoring and clean it up and ride it. :)

Thanks guys. Looking foward to seeing your answers and opinions. And meeting new people :)

Cheers Luke!

Well i know in nsw, you do need motorcycle licence to ride z50 on the road.

also its just class'd as motorbike so once you have licnce you be good to go! , L's p's watt ever . in nsw aloud to ride up to 650cc on your P plates , so that covers Z50 easy hehe

They so much fun riding around on Z50's me and my brother have one each :)

Hey Luke, yes it is definitely classed as a motocycle and will need at least an RE (250cc) motorcycle licence to ride one in QLD. The 50cc scooters that can be ridden on a car licence have to be fully auto and restricted to 55km/h. Most people take the restrictors off them once they have them registered, but they are not actually legal that way. I dont think having your P plate car licence will restrict you from obtaining your RE motorcycle licence.

Okay sweet. So if I apply for a motorcycle licence I still can't ride one? Because don't they have to be LAMS approved bikes only? :/

Latest posts

Back