fitting a 140cc head on a 125...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats the one, so id say you have a ducar bvh...black, with chrome "screw in" rocker covers?

zongshen....meh, same thing...

and, the cover plate with the four stud bolts holding it down should(?) have the arrow on it pointing UP? so your engine number would be ....**54FM*. same stud pattern as a 140, but check the actual cylinder height before getting a BBK... i should find the link to that pic comparing the two style heads and the stud patterns again....nah! sounds like work:p

once again, e22 heads(crf 50s, loncins, etc, anything with a 52 in the engine number) have the arrow point down, usually.

and just what is this "quench ring" you referr to cactus? im seeking clarification here....to me, the inside of all bvh's look hemispherical, while the e22 has about an 8mm ring then a hemi chamber....:confused:

Last edited:
yer its black with chrome screw in rocket covers,, im not sure if the arrow pointed up or down cuz i changed the plate to a dress up one, and yes the the motor number is zs154fmi-3
,, and wat do you mean by cylinder height?? like stroke?? or bore?? cuz there both 54 ,,, wood a big bore kit work then? if its a 57mm kit??

cylinder height....most are 70 mm from crankcase to head, 140's are 80mm from case to head.

i dont know if a 57mm would work, leave that to cactus, cus i never pulled the cylinder off anything but the 52's.... so i dont know what size the spigot is.(the bit that slides into the crankcase)

if you get your original plate and compare it with various engines youll see straight away what we mean by stud patterns, and the arrow;) they can only fit on one way round.

I have ?? I own a ssr sr125cc semi automatic pit bike but I had put it on a sikk trail bike frame I am wondering if I can remove the original cylinder head and barrel and piston and put
a bigger cylinder head and barrel and piston on the

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

SSR.jpegJust picked up an SSR 125 and I want to upgrade it to the 140 or 146 as I have seen online. Talked with Tbolt rep who told me there is no big bore kit for the SSR 125. I looked up some kits but noted the cylinders are 78mm where the SSR 125 is 69mm. Any suggestions. Just break it down for me and if you have web addresses for the exact parts I will need please send me this as well. I appreciate any feedback on this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back