Fitting an oil cooler to a TDR Pro 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlndDvl

Reaction score
I recently got back into bikes after 20 odd years. In essence you could call me a bare basic beginner.
I have picked up 3 bikes in past 6 months, a 110cc semi auto Marshin, a little 49cc 2 stroke pocket (for Sh*&ts n giggles) and recently a TDRpro 125cc semi auto.
Was wondering if it is possible to add an oil cooler to the tdr????
If so, how would I go about doing so??

Any advice would be apreciated

Welcome to Miniriders,

Drop by and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too while you're here

ebay is usually your best bet for the oil coolers and kits etc

Here is a complete conversion oil cooler kit that will fit your bike-
Blue PIT Dirt Bike ATV OIL Cooler KIT Change 110cc 125cc 140cc OIL Cool Engine | eBay

Or a dress up kit that comes with an oil cooler adapter plate for the head, then buy your cooler seperately-
Dress UP KIT Blue 125cc OIL Cooler IN Head PIT PRO Motovert PIT Bike Thumpster | eBay
Just an adapter plate-
PIT Bike OIL Cooler Adapter Plate CRF50 ATC70 SDG SSR 110 V OC05 | eBay
another adapter, not sure where the lines screw into on this ? or whether it comes with banjo bolts for the lines
RED Thump Star Engine OIL Cooler Mount Dress UP KIT Motovert PIT PRO PIT Bike | eBay

and a couple of cooler/line kits
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CNC-OIL-...orcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item258d856f8c
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PIT-BIKE...orcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c982efb9

And before you buy it all seperately, just make sure on the Banjo bolt sizes on the hoses, some use an 8mm at one end of the line and a 10mm at the other, some are the same at each end
Cheers, Craig

Cheers for the info, was more curious as to if it was possible to add an oil cooler to the motor, how I would go about it and so forth...... I have already sussed the kits n bits on ebay, will make decision down the track depending on a: If I can mount one to my bike and motor, and b: the degree of difficulty versus potential benifits of doing so.

Hey My67xr just wondering also, what's the benefits with the cooler? I know more air coming in but is it worth it? I'm running a lifan 140cc what would be the benefits with it, sorry for buggin you!!

Emilio, not that I claim to know a lot, but I've been led to believe it helps keep oil at cooler temp, thus theoretically prolonging life of both the oil and the motor....... Albeit with addition of the oil cooler one would need to also increase volume of oil contained with motor too.

Thanks for that, yea im no genuis of it myself! Thanks for the help BindDvl! From this post i didnt even think it was possible to mount one on a motor without it installed! Cheers :)

yeah, it keeps the oil cooler, so the engine runs a bit cooler and everything lasts longer.
they don't really increase the oil capacity, unless you mount it so it can't drain back when the engine isn't running. (i've done this with my Braaap)

BlndDvl, all you need is the adapter plate for the head then , there are a couple of links to some in my post above

Hey My67xr just wondering also, what's the benefits with the cooler? I know more air coming in but is it worth it? I'm running a lifan 140cc what would be the benefits with it, sorry for buggin you!!

dont you have one now ? It may just have a bypass pipe fitted ?
this is what the standard Lifan 140's look like.

1188463750.jpe

do you have a bypass fitted ?

dual-banjo-1245126.jpg

Mm im not sure at all! Bikes i at the shop, might think about the conversion later on! Thanks My67xr

see post #2 above ?
you need the adapter for the head, oil cooler lines with banjo bolts, and an oil cooler

this fits onto the r/h side of the head, and replaces the finned cover that is already there
It has 2x drilled and tapped ports for the banjo bolts to screw into and lines to run to

images

images

then mount the oil cooler above it, off the frame with a bracket and that is it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back