FMX22's 1964 datto v320 wagz build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FMX_22

Reaction score
ok guys so i picked up this beast last weekend got it for a low prics of $89 (to get it delivered on a tow truck ) its in prety good shape and not to mutch rust for its age(47) whitch im happy about . it needs a lot of work but its all there lol .

what the plans are for it

strip it down and fix / replace anything thats ****ed
sand it down to the metal and re paint it .
replace the window rubbers
get the seats re apulstered.
get a new gear box , colum shif is for faggets .
cut the rust out thats in it
not to sure what we are doing with the chassis maby powder coat it .
get some nice rims with wite walls .
lower it so the wheels tuck nicely under the guards
get the grill and light thingys re cromed .
ummmm there is moor just carnt think very well atm lol

180948_1717350466365_1616352677_1597536_6642727_n.jpg
[/IMG]

tell me what u think i will be updating this as dad and i work on it . i know its ugly as **** atm lol so dont hate it yet ahah

Cut out the rear down to that line (behind the front seats). Then straight back.

White walls are homo..

there's allot more then sanding and re-painting you need to cut any rust holes or use soap pads to remove surface rust you need to fill the rust holes with metal and smooth it out and i can tell you its time consuming and if you get it done by someone else its going to cost you a fortune but if you want a temporary job just fill the rust holes with putty fiber glass or what ever

best way to start is to get boxes and labeling them because if you lose important parts your down the ****ta

and at the worst of times rust can be to much of a pain there for you either need new panels or spend a fortune on one panel

but any way good luck with the build
if you want any help contact me my dad has taught me allot about cars and how to fix them and at the worst of times i could even ask him to give you some ideas/help

Cheers Andrew

there's allot more then sanding and re-painting you need to cut any rust holes or use soap pads to remove surface rust you need to fill the rust holes with metal and smooth it out and i can tell you its time consuming and if you get it done by someone else its going to cost you a fortune but if you want a temporary job just fill the rust holes with putty fiber glass or what ever

best way to start is to get boxes and labeling them because if you lose important parts your down the ****ta

and at the worst of times rust can be to much of a pain there for you either need new panels or spend a fortune on one panel

but any way good luck with the build
if you want any help contact me my dad has taught me allot about cars and how to fix them and at the worst of times i could even ask him to give you some ideas/help

Cheers Andrew

Yer cheers man . Yer my dad did a pannel beeting apparento so body work has a tick lol . Also worked in a metal fab shop for ageas so whateva I carnt do he can help me with.

your need to put a big turbo rotory engine in it. that would be fun. street sleeper!

Looks sweet as troy!

Id get the body work done and painted, stockos with white walls and slam it.

Get the engine tuned an running well and leave it.

I just got back from the ahead and the thing fired after acouple of turns of the key hehe it's prety loud ahah. And cheers guys for the input . It's gOing to be a long fun build :D

I like it troy . Nice rare machine . I would get it back to stock form and kept it for a bit the sell it

Yer it's going to go back to stock but with a few modded bits (rims , suspension , gear box ) but it will look stock from the out side .

i took some moor paint off it tsarvo and scraped off some door seals that were like melted to the body lol . also removed the spear wheel , tow bar and rear bumper . any one know were i can get some rubber seels for it?

Time for some updated pics mate.

Have you had a chance to check out the front suspension? is it the leaf spring going from side to side?

Quick way to lower that type of suspension...Take the weight off it (that means jack it up poof) under the leaf on the control arm there are rubber blocks. Piss em off, 2 inches lower in 5 seconds per side :D

yerp ill upload some tmorro , yer dad and i had a look under it just b4 and he said it will be realy easy to lower all i have to do is tighten or loosen some bug as nut . it has no leafs or springs just some linkage **** and some dampners ahah . u guys probs dont understand so ill get a pic of it tmorro wen i get home from school

Latest posts

Back