For Those about to Rock... buying OKO Flatslides..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that guy is a noob ay:beerchug:
By the way craig forgot to tell ya I got my 28mm all tuned up now as well. runs real sweat.
yeah thats good, was wondering about that.
what jetting did you end up with ?

is there a brass screw, and pinkish/clear tube that runs from on top of the inlet side, and down to the top of the fuel bowl?
they help the engine run better, by adding roughly 15-20% more fuel at 3/4-WOT
normally you run about a 15-20% leaner main jet with them

Last edited:
yeah its got it... why do i have to block it off? i got a 96 main jet and 32 or 34 pilot from memory shouldnt i just up my pilot jet? i wont be riding it till its sorted either

Yeah try upping it to 36 mate and just check for air leaks and go from there. The power jet doesn't really come into play till mid to high so couldn't see it effecting idle and low but mines closed all the time because the little top screw on the jet would just free screw itself out from vibration so closed it of, try it but I can't see it doing much.

yeah, try a #36 Pilot, maybe even a #38
the GPX are a gutsy 125 thats for sure.
standard jetting on the 24mm is 36/100

to be honest it had the same problem with idle with the standard jetting so maybe 38 would be the better start.......they are a top little donk for a crate 125 thats for sure.... im keen to see how the works 125 goes from dhz but at 850 id probably spend the bit extra and get a anima

it takes all of 5 minutes to swap the pilot jet over.
the OKO is already on the bike isn't it?

did you check the intake manifold isn't warped ?
out of the 3 i've had, all were warped, i was able to fix 2, the other was replaced with a new one.

yeah i no its a easy swap ive done it once wat i was gettin at was maybe the 26mm would give me a bit more top end anyway and as i have a spare bike with a stock 125 in it the 24mm maybe more suited to that engine... cant say i have looked at the manifold but ill check that out 2morrow

What type of riding do you do mate, as I reckon a well tuned smaller carb would be better then a larger carb.
What I mean is I suppose if you spend all your time WOT then yeah go for the 26 but you'll loose some down low grunt.
I'd prefer power down low and mid over top as I don't really get my bikes screaming their tits off.
My 140 loves the 24mm oko and feels strong all through the power, up against the exact same bike mine smokes it with a 30mm mikuni.
You'll get it mate, also don't worry about all this 2 turns out business on the mixture and setting stuff, it's good for reference but what ever works, works mate.
I'm only a half turn out on mine and it starts second kick every time and has perfect plug color.

What type of riding do you do mate, as I reckon a well tuned smaller carb would be better then a larger carb.
What I mean is I suppose if you spend all your time WOT then yeah go for the 26 but you'll loose some down low grunt.
I'd prefer power down low and mid over top as I don't really get my bikes screaming their tits off.
My 140 loves the 24mm oko and feels strong all through the power, up against the exact same bike mine smokes it with a 30mm mikuni.
You'll get it mate, also don't worry about all this 2 turns out business on the mixture and setting stuff, it's good for reference but what ever works, works mate.
I'm only a half turn out on mine and it starts second kick every time and has perfect plug color.

Spoton Brendo i have found this out on many differant pit bike engines. My Braaap that my stepson races runs as YX150 Dirtmax engine with a fair bit of work done to it. On this engine i run a VM24 Mikuni and it works great on the tracks we run down here as they are more like a supercross track very little time at full throttle if at all. Most of the guys are even running VM22 on 150 and 160 engines and i know some guys here are even using this carb on their 150 and 190 Daytonas. I have ran a 26mm OKO flatslide on my 150 but it starts to come on song and its time to slow down the VM24 works heaps better. Same with my Lifan 125 chopper the VM22 works better on that then the VM24 with a lot better low down to mid performance.

i only ride trail but they are pretty open forestry tracks so im either on the brakes or wot in 2/3rd gear i really love the way my rm80 makes its power i no my 4 stroke wont match it for power but i like revs is what im gettin at :scooter:

so after backreading 2-3 years worht of stuff..

i decided to buy a 28mm oko carb,a black one if i may.
and still have not decided on what jets to put in...

any ideas mates?

150cc upright
timing chain
balanced engine
racing ignition coil
new iridium plugs
16-38 combination....

Heres where Im at. OKO 26 on with 38/100 jets. I now get popping out the exhaust when I hit the kill switch and on deceleration. Hard to start cold, absolutely no choke needed. Starts ok warm. I also now get kickback and blowback through the carb when it kicks back. Timing marks are lined up, thinking I could go a tooth over maybe because TDC I have to hold the flywheel there or it rebounds a bit back, but this is how it was before I dissembled the engine. I'm thinking a 40 pilot and lower the clip one notch/

Change the timing Phil to one tooth over. Had exactly the same problem with my YX and that sorted it.

Your main does sound very small though?

Latest posts

Back