For Those about to Rock... buying OKO Flatslides..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OKO Carbies are crap!!!! and before you fly off the handle trying to defend them read what i have to say:

It is the only carby in the world that i know of that has a removable centre section with a rubber seal, this rubber seal in 90% of cases leaks and results in unmetered fuel passing into the engine.

That means not only is fuel going throught the main jet but its also going through this seal and no amount of tuning, changing jets will ever fix it.

Thats the real reason why folks out there cant tune them.

For the other 10% of peoples that dont have any probelms with them, my advise to you is GET RID OF THEM! because its only a matter of time before this seal fails and you will be chasing your tail trying to find the cause.

Last edited:
NRG can you post pics up of the seal in question? would be interested to see what bit you are referring to. :)
Do you mean there is a seal at the base of the main jet that fails regularly?
or a seal where the pilot/main/needle jet body mounts to the base of the carby?

oh... ps: i've had an OKO 28mm flatslide on my 140 for over a year now... spends lots of time in the shed between rides, with a dry carby, no fuel in the bowl...thus giving the seal plenty of time to dry out and crack etc..
what sorta time frame are we talking about in regards to this seal failing?

i got my my 26mm oko flatside
Mate, its bloody Gold.
gives me more power throughout the revs.
still waiting on my big bore exhaust and hydraulic clutch.
this carby is one of my best investments
im running a 37 and a 97 jets

glad to hear you had an instant win with it mate, sounds like they got the jetting right, or close to it, straight out of the box!!!
The pipe and clutch will just make a good thing even better!!!
Nice work mate, enjoy it!!

NRG can you post pics up of the seal in question? would be interested to see what bit you are referring to. :)
Do you mean there is a seal at the base of the main jet that fails regularly?
or a seal where the pilot/main/needle jet body mounts to the base of the carby?

Have a look at these images, you can seen that even from brand new, this seal is already twisted.....

I also just noticed that the "Air Hole" for the mixture screw hasnt been drilled through.

JUST QUALITY!

Attachments

• 26082009052.jpg
    26082009052.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 354
  • 26082009053.jpg
    26082009053.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 26082009054.jpg
    26082009054.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 161
hmm, will have to keep an eye on it. mind you, had mine over a year now, and havent suffered any issues with it, once it was jetted accurately.
seems some of them are afflicted, but lets face it, what mini part IS of any quality??
Not like mikunis have a reputation of being grand carbies...
will be interesting to watch these particular issues and see if they raise their heads on my bikes...
at this stage, i cant complain for the prive Vs performance increase they offer. :)

Have a look at these images, you can seen that even from brand new, this seal is already twisted.....

I also just noticed that the "Air Hole" for the mixture screw hasnt been drilled through.

JUST QUALITY!

iv been running a 28mm china pwk for over a year now, sure the initial tuning was hard but what do you expect. its not as if there made for a 4 stroke engine.

when i got mine it was sus right from word go.
no chrome plated slide, bad choke setup(hit the seller up for replacement choke).

i had to change the needle, needle jet, pilot and main..oh and i purchased a chrome slide from DHZ which fixed some vacuum leak problems it was having and not to mention the slide rattle...

strangest thing tho is i couldnt get it to run nice unless i used a 112 main, but the 3/4 to wot suffers making it lose top end power.(too big in the main)

but the other day i was tuning it again because i could never get the pilot jet size correct. it had a little bog spot of idle to nearly 1/4 throttle. but still very ridable it could blow 150 yx and lifans no problems.
anyways i tried higher pilots with no joy, it actually made it worse..
so after all that i installed all the previous jets and needle height and guess what the bog spot is worse.

now what im interested in is you say that the mixture screw hole wasnt drilled properly on yrs. could you point out which hole your referring to as im starting to think mine wasnt either (i havent pulled the main jet housing out yet)which is giving the bog down low.

spose i better mention what setup i got...
yx 140
upgraded cam (specs unknown)
IRK (soon to be the mid sized outer rotor)
lightened slinger
large exhaust
port matched intake/head
uni filter
16/35 gears (hmm could even be 16/37)

cheers

oh almost forgot....
has anyone tried a genuine 28mm pwk from a yz 85 or similar

I've just put a 26mm oko flatty on my 140, I spent hours mucking around with the roundslide and never got it perfect, then I lost my license so I couldn't take it anywhere to tune it safely
all I had to do was change from 38main to 36 (same pilot as 26mm oko round) and it runs cleanly through the revs, but the top end power isn't there. from memory it has a 103 or 105 main so I'm gonna try to order a 97 and 95 main and see how it goes. but yea I'm already favoring the flatty over the roundslide.
thanks for all the great info you've put out there for the flatty's thump*, hurry up and put the 26mm on the 140 and post up the result! :D

yeah you might even wanna consider a 92.5 main if your 140 is a stocker... always handy to have spares for different locations etc...

i'll try and get the 26 in the 140 soon and post results...
I'm going away riding over the october long weekend, and part of the trip i'll be devoting to swapping carbies between a couple of bikes... got a pumper 26mm fakuni that looks good on the missus's mini, and then swap the 26 and 28 flatties back to back on the Blitz and the 140, see just which one works best for each bike.. :D

Plus i'll be tearing some dunes up on the 140, and taking pics to post back on miniriders just to upset people. :D

MV24 you have it all wrong. I come into your threads, and post stuff, try and educate you, help out with queries, or flame you. Not the other way round.
This thread is PURELY AIMED AT OKO FLATSLIDE CARBIES. NOT MIKUNIS, and NOT MOLKTS.

OKOs.

OKO FLATSLIDES.

There are threads about Mikuni carbies everywhere, and there are two or three recent threads, PURELY DEDICATED, AND RELEVANT TO, MOLKT CARBIES.

Coincidentally, this is NOT that thread.
For the squillionth time, hit the search button, and try looking for the answers for your questions before posting up yet another highly intelligent, well researched, and impeccably thought out query...

I put a 26mm OKO carbie on my 140cc along with other upgrades on my engine including the exhaust and i bloody flys, it is insane i can bairly control it, around corners i almost lose it and hit some thing as wells as it wheelies in 3rd gear, this carbie is defintely my best investment along with my 140cc new engine

they site aint cheap what is like 14.50 for a freakin main jet rip off much....i thought dhz was expensive at 5 bucks

14.50 posted... and DHZ 5 plus post ... so/so
that sites great for when you want all the little parts that ebay etc dont sell, saves you buying a new carb!

Latest posts

Back