For Those about to Rock... buying OKO Flatslides..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon I will, plus it seems my pilot is too rich. Dunno about the main yet, haven't got that far haha

Yeah do it mate. Greg from Buzz was playing with mine for ages and doing that is what got it running heaps better. Just make sure you advance the timing not retard it.

I reckon your pilot is spot on. I would try around the 116-120 main and you should be sorted. :)

Keep clip on 2nd position.

The TB rev box also helped quite a bit as well. Gave a much better spark.

Here is something that may surprise all, I pulled a honda 110 keihin carb apart today, and the stock pilot jet is a 38. Same pilot jet as the oko, but runs a different mains jet. I ended up using a 37 in the 24mm oko on my boys 110, so I wasnt far of hondas specs. I only mention this to show how much is trial and error, all advice id had on jetting was to go far lower with the pilot but that didnt work for me.

i couldn't even get a pop through the exhaust on the Braaap with a #38 Pilot, it wouldn't fire up
then with a #40 it gave me a tiny pop.
when i fitted the #50 it fired up easy, but i think it's a touch too big.

i am still waiting on some more Pilot and Main jet's i ordered, i reckon my 190 needs at least a #45 or a #48 once the Pilot is sorted i can try playing with the mains, currently has a #110,

I settled on a 42 pilot on my 190, was the mains I could never get spot on. Interesting that you are running a 110 main craig, lowest I got was a 118 and it was on the lean side. Just goes to show what works for one wont always work for another..

My Manifold was leaking, put some studs in there and tightened it up better, not popping now. But it has to be exactly 1 turn out on the air screw or it wont start. At idle, screwing it all the way in does nothing. Engine is hot as too.

Cool, thanks bud, I will put it in today

I have a Atomik Reign Bigfoot with a yx160. Only mods are, TB race cdi, Splitfire ignition lead, NGK iridium plug.
I have a new 26mm oko flatslide carb I wanna run, it has #38 pilot #100 main.
Will this be close enough to run? Ive never tuned a carburetor...
Best taking it to dyno?

I have a Atomik Reign Bigfoot with a yx160. Only mods are, TB race cdi, Splitfire ignition lead, NGK iridium plug.
I have a new 26mm oko flatslide carb I wanna run, it has #38 pilot #100 main.
Will this be close enough to run? Ive never tuned a carburetor...
Best taking it to dyno?
Yeah it should be very close,
It will need some minor adjustment on the mixture screw and idle speed

Excellent! Thankyou!

Should I run the engine in on original carb???

that's up to you, did you get the full kit with the OKO, new cable, throttle, air filter etc ?

either way it might need the mixture and idle speed adjusted still

Yer got the whole kit. Hmm I think I might run in on original carb then change to oko etc later. Cheers

Ok pretty new to carby tuning...i have a lifan 150cc with a ported head...and new 26mm oko on it with a fmf 4.1 pipe. The carby has a 36pilot and 100main. And its hard to start...as in it wont start until i give it a heap of throttle on kicking..but my old oko started first kick everytime. What jet settings should i have for this motor combo and air mixture screw rough settings/needle setting.

Depending on the port work, a 38 or maybe a 40. Have you made sure the valves have been set at .003 on the inlet and .004 on the exhaust? Give the carb a good clean out to, even from new they can have junk in the bowl

Yeah stu's got it right ^^,
#38 or #40 Pilot jet (#38 should be good), and the #100 Main should be fine
Start tuning it with the mixture screw at 2 turns out.

Do the valve clearances, as above, and fit an NGK Irridium Plug (CR7HIX) if you haven't already.

Drop in and say g'day in our http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.htmlthread too while you're here.

Cheers, Craig

Cheers guys, Ill try a 38 jet and see how it goes i probably should change the spark plug its 11 years old now haha. Valves will be fine as it ran mint 2 weeks ago with the old carby. Ive just updated the frame and everything on the bike and bought a new carby as the old one kept fouling up from bad fuel. So what should i actually be doing with mixture screw? Like what should i be listening to and what does screwing it in/out do?

Cheers

i probably should change the spark plug its 11 years old now haha.

Really?
You must have got one of their prototypes, the Lifan 150 was released in 2008.

If your bike was running mint 2 weeks ago, why change the carby ?

With the new OKO did you buy a new air filter (Uni Filter ftw) and throttle cable to suit ?
The cable needs to have longer travel, and depending on what your previous carby was the air filter will most likely be a different size
And dont forget to oil the air filter too with some decent filter oil too.

You might want to pull your tank off and give it a decent flush out before fitting the new carby, adapter, filter, fuel lines etc
Remove the fuel tap and do the same there, and after you've cleaned it all blow it all out with compressed air, with it having had bad fuel in it.
and make sure you replace the fuel lines and filter as well.
The mixture screw adjusts the Air/fuel mix,
To tune it, you start the bike and let it warm for a couple of mins, then raise the idle up to about 1800rpm by turning the idle speed screw in, maybe .5 to .75 turns.
Then adjust the mixture screw in or out till the engine runs at the smoothest/highest rpm, just go 1/32 turn at a time, let the engine settle for 10 seconds or so, then adjust it again.
Once it is close to the smoothest rpm, try adjusting it 1/4 turn at a time.
When you think you have it set nice, then you can drop the idle speed back down to normal rpms and take it for a test ride.

Latest posts

Back