ford falcon ba ticking from front wheel

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim_

Reaction score
Ok so i got new tyres yesterday and when i was driving home from work this morning with my windows down i noticed a loud ticking sound like a stone or screw in my tyre... but on closer inspection there was nothing in any part of my tyre... i searched the net and saw a post about the break pad catching on the warped rotor.. yes my rotors are warped as are most ba series 1 rotors.... but for this to idea to work the sound should go away under breaking which it doesnt..... it is doin my head in im even starting to notice it when i have the widows up... has anyone else had this problem or know someone who has had this problem and fixed it... im goin insane so im open to all ideas..

cheers
tim

Ok so i got new tyres yesterday and when i was driving home from work this morning with my windows down i noticed a loud ticking sound like a stone or screw in my tyre... but on closer inspection there was nothing in any part of my tyre... i searched the net and saw a post about the break pad catching on the warped rotor.. yes my rotors are warped as are most ba series 1 rotors.... but for this to idea to work the sound should go away under breaking which it doesnt..... it is doin my head in im even starting to notice it when i have the widows up... has anyone else had this problem or know someone who has had this problem and fixed it... im goin insane so im open to all ideas..

cheers
tim

Fork out for new rotors?

i was trying to avoid that as i just got it serviced and new tyres so im strapped for cash atm

also the noise is still there under breaking which leads me to believe its not the rotor.. also it only started then the put new rubber and rotated the tyres.... before all this the rotors were still warped and it never made the sound..

Last edited:
wouldnt that be more of a squeak ... or as my brother says it.. i got a bird in my front wheel.. (to many wheel stands).. it keeps cherping like canary.. lol

Did you happen to buy retreads by any chance?? Back in the day when I was poor, I bought a set of retreads for my car, and had something similar happen. It ended up that one of the retreads hadn't taken properly and had developed a bit of an egg in the tyre, and was making a noise very similar to the one you are describing. Possibility??

not that mate... they brand new shoes..... ima call my mechanic and tell him the problem and if his apprentice cause it it will be fixed for free.. it just got the better of me today is all...

i will let you all know what it is so if anyone ever has the same problem you know what to tell em...

it sounds like it has a screw in the tread somewhere
did you jack it up and spin the wheel to check?

ok so i took it to the mechanic just before..... and he said there was nothing in the tread so no screws, rocks or steal... he checked all tyres... he then balanced the new tyres they put on... he found that the front passenger side tyre was light by 5 grams.... now i said that wouldnt make it tick... then he put the wheels back on... and nothing... no ticking, no vibrating at 90km... nothing its gone.. no idea what he did but hat ever it was it worked.....

I just read this post and was going to say that unbalanced or out of round tyres can make a ticking sound ... I've copped the same problem years ago ... I've even bought tyres that made my car sound like a truck :D .

Last edited:
Instantly ... Crappo tread patterns can be noisy on the road like 4 wd / truck tyres ...

yeah i would have noticed it sooner if i had my windows down, stezza turned down and aircon off on the drive to work down the ipswich motorway...

i would have thought well this might just be me
but as soon as you typed FORD shouldn't the light bulb have lit up and said ough yeah i get it now....

might be just me

i was worried haters would start..... bahahahahaha....

and i did my research when buying a UTE i didnt want to go by brand and i didnt want to go the in thing.... i took into acount price, tow capacity, fuel economy, cab space and many other things... and this is what i found, it had everything i needed and wanted for a very good price with low mileage....

i was worried haters would start..... bahahahahaha....

and i did my research when buying a UTE i didnt want to go by brand and i didnt want to go the in thing.... i took into acount price, tow capacity, fuel economy, cab space and many other things... and this is what i found, it had everything i needed and wanted for a very good price with low mileage....

Dont worry tim nothing wrong with a ford mate !

Ive got an BF F6 Turbo Tornado ute

Its got all of the above plus 300kw+ at the tyres its reliable sounds and handles great ! In comparison ... All the things my old VY R8 clubsport heap of crap never had LOL

I like Holdens and Fords actually owned alot more holdens but i cant say one bad thing about the F6 ute Ford do make decent cars end of story !!!

he he he

i drive a ford ranger man
the thing has not missed a beat but i wouldn't own it unless it was free
even then i need to was the ford off me every day when i get home

vx is my favorite model and my ss was awsome

chevy all the way but classic not plastic

i own a ba ute and love it and i own a holden aswell i love em both but i will say my ute goes better then my holden

Latest posts

Back