FOTM Nov-Dec V2.0 ENTRIES ONLY

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Base motor YX140cc
Head
- 27mm inlet, 23mm exhaust
- Fully ported removing valve guides & port matched exhaust and inlet
- A7 cam (7mm lift) & HD springs
- NGK Iridium CR6HIX Plug
- Oil Cooler lines from side of head

Carbie
- 26mm Genuine Mikuni Carbie
- Red TB 44mm aircleaner (not pictured)
- Kitaco short inlet manifold - port matched

Coil : High powered coil & Lead
Piston : 57mm High Compression Piston
Stator : IRK & Sling

Clutch
- XY150 clutch
- HD clutch springs
Oil : Motul 5100 motor oil
Sprockets : 14t front 37t alloy rear sprocket
Chain : 420 pitch DID chain

Tyres
- Dunlop TT92 front tyre 90/12" mounted on a 12" x 2.15"
- Dunlop TT92 rear tyre 110/12" mounted on a 12" x 2.50"
- 15mm Axles
Suspension : Fast Ace AS02's front forks
Fast Ace BS58AR rear shock
Brakes
- AS02 front brake setup
- 198mm disk
- Braded brake lines

Frame : 05 Thumpstar Billet Alloy Frame
Hangers
- Pro Taper SE hangers
- Pro Taper Pillow top grips
- Silver Fold back brake leavers
- 1/4 turn throttle
- Barkbusters leaver guards

Footpegs : Alloy foot pegs mounted to light weight peg mount
Exhaust : Exhaust 30mm id ProCircut exhaust shortened by 2 inches
Plastics : CRF50 plastics with Sik50z sticker kit

FOTM_small.jpg

16.3 HP after 2.5hrs on the dyno today, i've learnt there is a huge difference between peek hp & usable hp!! Little less HP but it last longer with out diving!
The blue line is todays runs, and orange is from a few weeks back.
SNC00602_sm.jpg

Mods in progress - Brembo Brakes with 208mm disk on front, YZ250 master cylinder, rear brakes, & a 155z - but that's another story :)

I'm not trying to be an a$$hole but in the first post it's pretty clear that entries have to have a bit of effort put into them to make it into the comp from now on, if your phone takes crap pics then use a camera, if you don't got a camera, find one, ask your mates, surely there's some way you can get your hands on a decent camera. then you might have a chance of making it into the comp.....

Peter1230, mate, your bike is a very rare bird indeed, if it's possible, can you please get some well lit, clear pictures of it posted up?

Bit of a hint for taking good clear pics, for you and ANYONE wanting to enter their bikes. Same if you are selling one.
If you have to use artificial light, use the flash on your camera as well. It will "fill" any dark areas that are cast in shadow..
If you are using natural light (sun) and the sun is directly overhead, again, USE THE FLASH to fill dark areas. YES, the flash WILL HAVE AN EFFECT EVEN IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
If you can, use morning or late afternoon sunlight for the best lighting. Colours are much better.

Put your bike on a stand, and try using different backgrounds if you can. Garden, shedwall, barbedwire fence. anything to add a bit of contrast to your bike. If it's a dark coloured bike, put it against a light coloured background, eg galv iron fence or shed wall. If it's a light coloured bike, put it against a dark coloured background to make it stand out. (AtomikRider140 did this with his, it's a good effect)
Try taking three pics, from a crouching position. One from directly alongside the bike, one from 1/4-on front (ie on an angle, looking towards the front of the bike) and one from 3/4-on rear. (ie: on an angle, looking towards the rear of the bike).
Remember that for FOTM, essentially you are "selling" your bike. Not literally of course, but you are selling it to the minirider community in a popularity contest... So a great photo of an average bike, will probably poll better than a crap photo of great bike...
AND MAKE SURE ITS SPOTLESS. :D
Oh, and AtomikRider140, if your atomik wins after my ebay special lost by 1 vote, i'll never buy china again... :( ha ha ha

Oh, and AtomikRider140, if your atomik wins after my ebay special lost by 1 vote, i'll never buy china again... :( ha ha ha
haha, it wont match up to ur bike, that was the mintest ebay bike ive ever seen ;)
im pretty sure i voted for yours to? if not it was still worthy of a vote

Peter1230, mate, your bike is a very rare bird indeed, if it's possible, can you please get some well lit, clear pictures of it posted up?

Bit of a hint for taking good clear pics, for you and ANYONE wanting to enter their bikes. Same if you are selling one.
If you have to use artificial light, use the flash on your camera as well. It will "fill" any dark areas that are cast in shadow..
If you are using natural light (sun) and the sun is directly overhead, again, USE THE FLASH to fill dark areas. YES, the flash WILL HAVE AN EFFECT EVEN IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
If you can, use morning or late afternoon sunlight for the best lighting. Colours are much better.

Put your bike on a stand, and try using different backgrounds if you can. Garden, shedwall, barbedwire fence. anything to add a bit of contrast to your bike. If it's a dark coloured bike, put it against a light coloured background, eg galv iron fence or shed wall. If it's a light coloured bike, put it against a dark coloured background to make it stand out. (AtomikRider140 did this with his, it's a good effect)
Try taking three pics, from a crouching position. One from directly alongside the bike, one from 1/4-on front (ie on an angle, looking towards the front of the bike) and one from 3/4-on rear. (ie: on an angle, looking towards the rear of the bike).
Remember that for FOTM, essentially you are "selling" your bike. Not literally of course, but you are selling it to the minirider community in a popularity contest... So a great photo of an average bike, will probably poll better than a crap photo of great bike...
AND MAKE SURE ITS SPOTLESS. :D

^^ man of many talents, lol. thump see i used the hay bail effect... in the back round, lol. and was it just me or did every one else also spray there stand with tyre shine?? lol thought hey.. why not lol. again nice write up thump

^^^ i may indulge in a little photography on the side... been taking pics of bikes for years and years, although when i started, we used things like 35mm slr cameras, kodachrome slide film etc, none of this digital camera stuff... so we had to get the pics right first time, otherwise it was an expensive exercise.. ha ha.. but yeah, the haybale thing was a great idea milfboy. filled the frame, without detracting attention away from your bike. well done!

i've got a spot for yas..... would perth in the background be good enough for you guys? lol

there is a look out about 1km from my house & you can see the whole city, i'll take a pic there hehe

^^^ yehh do it hope your crap bike falls of the edge :0 haha only jokin that would be siqq, i try to go for like the outdoors effect when really that pic was taking at the back of a house witch is in town i really have no idea what im on about lol sceen the haybles stacked em up and took the pic, lol

^^^^looks heaps better mate.... if it wasnt for the sticker kit youd think it was a different bike

Nice work peter, much better. it's a real shame the plastics and seat hide so much of the billet on that thing... tis a purty bike indeed... :D

will give another go , but i hope i got no dirt on it or the light is right or i got it in the right place haha

1985 Honda z50 r
Tb 88 kit
H.D clutch
Kitaco engine breather kit
Fast 50s bar clamp
Red Baron bmx bars
Red Baron +1 fork kit w/disc
5-0 throttle
5-0 Pipe
Sik50s pegs and gear leaver
Reeg brake pedal
HRC Frame cradle
Takegawa rear shocks
Custom engine dress up kit
Carlisle snow hog tyres
Custom paint and panel by me!
NO CHINA CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009_1022aaaaaaaaaaaa0148Medium.jpg

2009_1022aaaaaaaaaaaa0149Medium.jpg

1985 Honda z50 r FTW!

i can not find one more green billet peice you could put on that bike peter1230, i think youve bought everyone available lol. and greens hard to find, reds the common one.

Latest posts

Back