Free Suzuki TS75

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logicquests

If in doubt......Get the grinder out!!
Reaction score
Just thought I would share.

A friends son found a wallet not to far from his home.

It was an elderly gentlemans and he only lived around the corner.

My friends son did the right thing and took the wallet up to the persons home to return it. There was about $280.00 in it.

The old guy was very appreciative and also a bit surprised. He said he wanted to give him something to thank him for being so honest.

He took him down to his garage and asked him if he would like the old motorbike sitting there. It was a 1977 Suzuki TS75. Of course my friends son said yes.

It is not in great condition. It is all there though and runs O.K.

A few Pics:

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDAtMjAxMTA0MTUtMTMwNC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDEtMjAxMTA0MTUtMTMwNC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDItMjAxMTA0MTUtMTMwNS5qcGc.jpg

As you can see it has a compliance plate. It is pretty grubby though.

I changed the fork oil when I was there today. I also greased the wheel bearings and the head stem bearings.

I know very little about 2 stroke motors but would like to help in any way I can to bring it back to good condition. If anyone knows anything about these particular bikes I would really appreciate some help.

Logic

looks like the carby is built into the gear box??? weird looking thing i wouldnt even know where to start with the engine on that but im sure sean or GDFP will know where to start

Bloody ripper , what a bloody lil ripper

parts list

you can still get all the bittys , get that baby on the road , comp plate it legible so all good for rego

there would be a few forums arounds but mainly US , but it all helps

Cool.

Thanks guys.

I'll check out the parts list snitchy.

PBK. Exactly. The carby seems to be inside the engine casing. I was scratching my head too. I initially thought it may have been inside the air box but followed the fuel line down and it went straight into the casing. Weird.

Logic

yeh alot of 70's 2 bangers had their carb set ups like this, rotary disc valve its called from memory, its not a bad system. There is a disc off the side of the crank with a hole in it, so the faster the engine revs the faster the disc goes and the faster it sucks in fuel. A couple years ago i helped out an old guy down the street from my parents who had some wiring problems in his house(i'm a sparky), he wanted to pay me which i declined, so he dragged me out to the shed and said if you want that old bike its yours! Of course i took it. It was a 74 kawasaki kv100, very beaten up but pretty much all there. Same type of carb set up on that like many 70's small bore 2 smokers, and they do go well. Its good to get rewarded when your not expecting it.
If you have spark, what i normally do is get a sauce bottle and fill it up with premix, pull the line of the tank and jam in the sauce bottle and squeeze it for a bit to fill up the bowl of the carb. Then take off the small side cover over the carb and either squirt in a little fuel through the carb while holding open or spray some aerostart if you have it and give her a kick in the guts. I'm guessing its probably got a choke on the bars, the brass bit coming out of the top carb cover is your idle adjustment.

looks like the carby is built into the gear box??? weird looking thing i wouldnt even know where to start with the engine on that but im sure sean or GDFP will know where to start

It called a rotary valve, a heap of the old suzukis have them.. Including my awesome a80 :)

c907597d.jpg

Last edited:
I love it! Same basic bike as the racier TM75, so parts aren't too scarce for the motor. My old Yam JT1's are rotary valved, and they were all the rage in the 80's. Suzuki RG500 streeter had 4 of them! SeaDoo and SkiDoo still run them on some models, too. Real easy to change intake port timing, by swapping discs with different cutaways. Best of luck on the restore. LOTS of pics expected:)

Hillz.

You appear to have a thing for these funny little bikes.

I am supposed to take this bike up to the land next weekend. I am thinking I may actually see if he wants to swap it for Chang Mai.

I would love to restore this little bike and get it registered.

Its all there. It runs O.K. bogs down a little under acceleration but started first kick and hadnt been started for over a year. It needs a really good strip down and clean, new tyres, new front guard, new indicators, new brake light, new oil tank cover. Besides that everything is there.

Logic

Hey Logic - Just read this. Sounds like you and I tread a similar path! Is your plan to register it?

It's So cool fiddling around with little bikes like this.

Cheers
AlwaysCurious

if you can swap it for a chinga i say do it, plenty more cheap chingas around to be bought later

Hey Logic - Just read this. Sounds like you and I tread a similar path! Is your plan to register it?

It's So cool fiddling around with little bikes like this.

Cheers
AlwaysCurious

Hi AC.

Not sure at this stage. If I can convince him to either swap it or sell it to me I will try to bring it back to its former glory and get it on the road.

It seems there are parts available and they also seem pretty easy to work on. ?They are a very basic design.

Logic

if you can swap it for a chinga i say do it, plenty more cheap chingas around to be bought later

My thinking exactly.

I can buy another china tomorrow. I may not find another one of these for a very long time.

Logic

Just thought I would share.

A friends son found a wallet not to far from his home.

It was an elderly gentlemans and he only lived around the corner.

My friends son did the right thing and took the wallet up to the persons home to return it. There was about $280.00 in it.

The old guy was very appreciative and also a bit surprised. He said he wanted to give him something to thank him for being so honest.

He took him down to his garage and asked him if he would like the old motorbike sitting there. It was a 1977 Suzuki TS75. Of course my friends son said yes.

It is not in great condition. It is all there though and runs O.K.

A few Pics:

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDAtMjAxMTA0MTUtMTMwNC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDEtMjAxMTA0MTUtMTMwNC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDItMjAxMTA0MTUtMTMwNS5qcGc.jpg

As you can see it has a compliance plate. It is pretty grubby though.

I changed the fork oil when I was there today. I also greased the wheel bearings and the head stem bearings.

I know very little about 2 stroke motors but would like to help in any way I can to bring it back to good condition. If anyone knows anything about these particular bikes I would really appreciate some help.

Logic

Hello , I was wondering if you still have the Suzuki TS75? Or maybe any parts for it?

Latest posts

Back