Front Brake Problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny29er

Reaction score
well i'v been having problems with my front brake. The pad that is pushed by the cylinder keeps falling out. I think iv put the metal clip in the wrong way.

here are some pics.

photo-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

photo1-3.jpg

Any help would be heaps good hopefully you guys can save the day again and tell me which way that dam clip goes.

remove the rear brake reservoir cap than push the brake piston on the caliper in as far as it will go than reassemble

lol he's talking about the front brake... even so im lost to as what you think that would do!!!!

problem with these brakes is that if that clip or wat ever you wanna call it gets bent or damaged then you'll never get it to do wat its spose to do..
its only the clip that holds the inner pad in..

either change your brake setup orhunt down an undamaged clip...

lol he's talking about the front brake... even so im lost to as what you think that would do!!!!

problem with these brakes is that if that clip or wat ever you wanna call it gets bent or damaged then you'll never get it to do wat its spose to do..

LOL when i was posting a reply i was thinking of my nephews bike that i had the same problem on the rear brakes lol

thanks sean but to me it doesnt look damaged i just cant work out if the clip bends are facing up or facing down

how you had it looks fine. looks as if the caliper is floating too far dropping the pad from the black retainer. the metal clip just stops the pad jumping around.

Ok I found out which way the clip went but when I installed the caliper back on when I tighten the bolts the black thing moves back so it pops out. I have to move the mounting closer by turning the fork but it won't move and I have the bracket bolts undone.

Ok I found out which way the clip went but when I installed the caliper back on when I tighten the bolts the black thing moves back so it pops out. I have to move the mounting closer by turning the fork but it won't move and I have the bracket bolts undone.

what exactly do you mean by the above..

you can space the brake bracket with washers if thats going to achieve the same thing

Latest posts

Back